Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Red, White, and Black Challenge Card

Hi Everyone,
Hope you enjoyed the Bella Blog Hop. If you haven't checked it out go to Denise's blog and hop along. Lots of lovely cards have been made for Bella.

Now, for my new post. Boy, two in one day. I am really going to town! This is another challenge card. And, again, I challenged myself to incorporate as many elements as possible. I started off with the sketch #56 from 2 Sketches For You . I choose the color scheme from the Crazy 4 Challenge blog which is Red, White, and Black. I took the theme from Critter Challenge blog which is Thank You. And Flutterby Wednesday Challenge and My time to Craft challenge , Stamping Vacation which are all to use a butterfly.



There are lots of details to this card. I added a stamped flower with two layers; one CS and one acetate qualifying the card for the Cupcake Craft Challenge. I added lots of layers of DP - Paper Sundaes Challenge blog. And I used two different punches -Marks Finest Papers.blog. Here is a detail photo.

List of Materials:

Stamps: Simple Friendship Set from Stampin' Up, Sentiment from Framed Flowers set by Gina K Designs

Ink: Fired Brick from Ranger, Tuxedo Black from Memento

CS: DCWV textured Rust

DP: DCWV and SEI

Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug

Acetate

Punches: Eyelet Edge Punch from SU, Circle from Marvy

Whew. Okay. I guess I should go do something else now. I have been on the computer long enough. LOL . Too hot to do anything outside. I guess I could clean. Hope you are having a great day.

Karen

17 comments:

  1. I love all the detail in your card! The paper you used is gorgeous. I love how your inked up the butterfly. Thanks for playing along with the Critter Sketch Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so beautiful!!! I love the papers and all the detail, simply beautiful! thanks for playing along with us at CSCB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely~~ Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work!
    Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful! love the papers and the layers look great!
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen, what a pretty card. I love the colour scheme and the papers are gorgeous. Great idea to make an acetate flower overlay. Thanks for sharing with us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a perfectly GORGEOUS card!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. such an eclectic card!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Speedy's Friends Challenge. Hope to see you back soon! Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Not only does it have lots of layers, it's gorgeous too! Love that butterfly. Thanks for playing at Paper Sundaes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, I love all the elements! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, beautiful card! I love the different prints. Thanks for playing Critter Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely, wonderful mix of papers. Thanks for playing at the CSCB.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful papers! This is such a pretty card. Thanks for playing along with the Critter Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such fun patterned papers! You did a great job combining challenges!

    Thanks for playing along with The Critter Sketch Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the layers and patterns!

    Thanks for playing at the Critter Challenge Blog... hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your colors and layout is sensational! Love all the contrasts. Thanks for playing along at the Critter Sketch Challenge Blog this week!

    Hugs, Marsha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.