Monday, July 26, 2010

Dasher in Pastels: Another Christmas Card

Hi Everyone,
Happy Monday. For my Happy Monday post, I have another Christmas card. I used the sketch from Winter Wonderland. It is a pretty challenging sketch. But for some reason, once I changed to a pastel color scheme, the layout came together. Go figure. Here is the sketch.


I die cut a scallop circle (Sizzix) from Sage Shadow CS (Stampin' Up) and painted it with Shimmer Paint (SU). I stamped Dasher in Handsome Hunter ink (both SU). I punched circles from K & Company Christmas paper and stamped snowflakes (Inkadinkado) on them. I also stamped a sentiment on a piece of Sage Shadow CS (both from SU) and punched. I arranged the circles following the sketch on a square of DP (K & Co). I added a strip of DP cut with scallop scissors. The card base is aqua CS from Bazzill. I finished off the card with a silver snowflake ribbon and some gem stickers (K & Co). Here are some detail photos.

Other Fun and Challenging Challenges this card qualifies for:

Stamping Vacation: Use a paper with Dots

Cup Cake Challenges: Pastel Christmas card

My time To Craft: Use Checks

2 Sisters Challenge Blog: Christmas in July

OWH Stars and Stamps: Christmas card

Well, I am getting some Christmas cards done but, I have not decided on the design I will use for all of my cards. I usually pick one design and make multiples. I make about 60 cards. And it is easier to make multiples of one design. I have been picking one stamp and using that so I don't have to try to remember which stamp I used on a card I sent out. Don't want to send the same image to the same person now do I??! I keep telling myself I have enough Christmas theme stamps to make a different card for years to come and therefore do not need to purchase any more stamps. HAHA. Sometimes it works.

I am having a Stampin' Up party on Thursday. I have to come up with some yummy dessert to serve. I was thinking of a fruit pizza. Has anyone made that before? It sounds really good.

Okay, that's all for me today.

Karen

18 comments:

  1. A really beautiful card, love the colour scheme. Thanks for playing at WW and hope to see you back on Friday. How interesting tat you make multiples. I love to make each one different and use lots of different images. I havea little candy if you would like to hop over. Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! xx Thank you for playing at The 2 sisters challenge blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card! Thank you for joining us at the 2 Sisters Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful card Karen ! I love the papers and the stamped image is so lovely ! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft this week and good luck ! Smiles from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh fabulous take on my sketch, this is so exciting, sorry if I challenged you but it appears it was well worth it, as this card is gorgeous I love all the beautiful details on it the punched strip and that lovely bow
    Thanks for playing along with us at Winter Wonderland Hope to see you back on Friday
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen, what a pretty card. Love the dasher image and the different strips of paper is really effective. Thanks for joining in with my "pastel Christmas" challenge over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x
    Ps I have candy on my blog if you want to call over :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen, I love this card!! I might play with it a bit and make some Christmas cards of my own. Looking forward to Thursday night. I have had fruit pizza and it is really good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karen,
    So glad to see you have been busy stamping! Your arm must be feeling better. Hurray! Have a great event! Go Sharon! Rubber hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job with the sketch Karen - you worked it beautifully with this image, colours and papers! Love the addition of the gorgeous sparkly gems! Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Karen,
    Love your work, looking forward to seeing it on the dt team at Stamping Vacation
    Hugs
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous Christmas card, I like your color scheme! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Operation Write Home!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card, I love the reindeer image! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this reindeer image! You have so many terrific accents! Love the crystals, circles and the ribbon! You put together an unusual mix of papers and they look terrific! Wonderful card!

    Thanks so much for playing along with Stamping Vacation's Lots of Paper challenge. This give you an entry in the gift certificate drawing on August 1st!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A very pretty card indeed! Great color scheme and I love the deer and the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow,Wow,Wow! This card is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful, and I love the soft colors of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all the gems and color and creativity in this card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW is right! This is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.