Monday, July 12, 2010

Operation Write Home Cards for Christmas

Hi Everyone!
I know it sounds too early for Christmas, right??!! But, if the cards are to get to our Heroes by Christmas, we have to make them very early. I whipped up about 20 Christmas cards to sent to Operation Write Home. I also have 22 all occasion cards in the box which will go out today.

Here are the latest CARD DEADLINES

Postmark by these dates at the LATEST:
Halloween: Sept 20
Thanksgiving: Oct 1
Christmas: Oct 30

October 30th seems like a long way off, but when you get busy with all the fall cards, Halloween cards, Thanksgiving cards, and Christmas cards, you find that you have run out of time. So I like to get them done early. Then I can spend time making all my fall cards for friends and family. I send out lots of cards in the fall.
I kept the cards simple this time so that there will be no issues with mailing. Bling is nice, but it does get stuck in the USPO sorting machines.
I made some nice, bright, cheerful cards. The DP is from K & Company. The stamp is from the In Any Event set by Stampin' Up.

And then some more neutral colored cards. The stamp on this card is an older stamp from Stampendous. I found it at a garage sale. I just love it. I stamped it in Chocolate Chip and Old Olive (SU).

The reindeer is from Stampin' Up. The DP is from Anna Griffin.

Well, I have to get these all packed up and run up to the Post Office. Hope you are having a great day.

Karen

Bella Blog Hop Week 4 Tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.