Thursday, July 1, 2010

Impression Obsession Thursday Challenge

Hello kids,
It's Thursday again and that means Impression Obsession Thursday Challenge. The theme is "The Lazy Days of Summer". With my card, I was trying to evoke the feeling of a summer picnic. So I used red/white gingham paper from Making Memories. I cut the paper with a shaped blade to simulate a tablecloth. Just imagine the cloth spread on a grassy spot under a shady tree. Well, that is what I was thinking of when I made the card. I added a happy sentiment "Let's Celebrate" because I feel like celebrating ( got my cast off on Tuesday). I added a swirl with stars and confetti. Both images were stamped in Real Red Ink from Stampin' Up. Patriotic ribbon, and flowers from Prima were used as accents. The stamps are from the "Celebrate" Clear Set (CL254) Impression Obsession. The heart in the center of the flowers is also included in the set. So grab a glass of ice cold lemonade and Celebrate!!
Happy Summer!
Karen

3 comments:

  1. How bright and cheerful!!....and I don't know how you are still creating these beautiful cards with a broken wrist, etc. How pretty, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, this is CUTE as can be with that little ribbon dressing it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, what a cute card, it's so cheerful and calling out summer FUN.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.