Saturday, July 10, 2010

A Sketch, Color Challenge and more

Good Morning Everyone,
Hope your day is starting off well. I spent the morning working on a challenge card. I received this great new stamp from Wiff Of Joy and could not wait to try it out. I used the sketch from Paper Take Weekly Tuesday Challenge and the color scheme from Color Throwdown #100. The Theme is from The ABC Challenge which is "Y"...You and Me. I thought my new stamp fit this theme perfectly...the sweet little Wee and her lamb. So cute.





The image was watercolored with the Throwdown colors:

Baja Breeze

Real Real

Regal Rose

Certainly Celery

I also used these same colors of CS. All from Stampin' Up. The accents used were: Cuttlebug small embossing folder Hearts (2x2) Which qualifies the card for the 2x2 Challenge on the Cuttlebug Spot Blog. I also added some stamped stars (stamp from SU) that I cut out. The stars theme is from the Critter Challenge Blog #21. Well, I really challenged myself to see how many elements I could incorporate into the card. It was fun! Well, I should probably spend some time with my significant other now. He is practicing his electric guitar. Yes it is loud, but he does have it turned down. Oh, sounds as if he is finished . I think I"ll go and make some coffee. Have a great day friends.

Karen

12 comments:

  1. Hearts and flowers and stars - VERY cute!

    Thanks for playing along!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little card you've created with the CTD colors! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet card! Thanks for playing along with the Critter Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for playing along with this special 100th Color Throwdown challenge!! Make sure to leave some love along the way of the blog hop and increase you changes to win!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card! I love the hearts and the stars. The fabulous big ribbon really finishes the card off nicely! Thanks for playing along with the Critter Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable cute card Karen.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable stamp...love how you combined the stars with the hearts! Such a fun summery card!

    Thanks for playing along with the Critter Sketch Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww cute card.
    Thanks for joining in my blog candy give away,
    Good Luck.
    ~♥~Poppy~♥~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your design and how you used the CTD image. Sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet card and great coloring job!! Thank you for playing along the CTD 100th with us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable card, Karen! Love all the stars and that cute image! Thanks so much for joining us at PTW and hope you join us again this week!
    hugs
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.