Thursday, July 22, 2010

Birdcage Color Challenge

Hi Friends,
I am still in the bird "zone". Yes, another bird card. This time it is a stamp from Stampin' Up. I used the colors from a color challenge at the Embellish Magazine blog.
The Colors are: Turquoise, Brown, Orange, and Kraft. This is a really great combo. Especially for masculine cards. The challenge also requires the use of Ric Rac.


So, this is what I came up with. I just picked up this brown and turquoise paper from Penny Lane (My Mind's Eye) the other day. It is perfect for this color combo! The Orange paper is from K & Company. I used Chocolate Chip from Stampin' Up for a layer. And the card's base is Kraft. I stamped the image with Chocolate Chip ink (SU).


I used a wide Taupe colored Ric Rac from American Crafts. It is under the sheer brown ribbon. I often do this with Ric Rac. It is a nice look that adds dimension. Here is a detail photo so you can see the Ric Rac.

I have lots to do today. I have to get a bunch of invitations out today. I am having a Stampin' Up party next week. My good friend, Sharon Disney, decided to become a demonstrator this month. So, I thought it would be fun if I booked a party with her. I am her first! So, I better get to work. Hope you are having a lovely day!

Karen

3 comments:

  1. I Love birds too, Very sweet card.
    Thank you for your kind words on the AO blog, No the rabbit is a chipboard piece I covered with a book page, and yes I did stamp the text on the ribbon. Glad you liked it!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you have done with the ric rac. So Glad you could join us in the Embellish challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice design. Thanks so much for taking on an Embellish challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.