Sunday, July 25, 2010

Fabulous Fifties Fashion Ladies

Hi Gals,
I have another vintage feel card today. I used stamps of lovely Fifties era ladies from Art Impressions and Auntie Amy's Embossing Arts. I used the Sketch from Friday Sketcher's Blog. I changed it slightly. I put my flowers on the opposite side and shifted the rectangle up higher on the card.

I followed the color scheme of Chocolate, Teal, and White. I stamped the images in Chocolate Chip (SU) ink on white CS. I distressed the pieces with Broken Dishes (Ranger) and layered with Taken With Teal CS (SU). I watercolored the images with Taken With Teal ink. The card base is a textured brown CS from AC Card stock. The DP is from ATD. For accents I used polka dot ribbon, Mulberry paper flowers from Prima, a scallop circle punched from DCWV DP,a flower from a Sizzix die, and some gems.

Check out the detail shots.

Other fabulous Challenges this card qualifies for:

Stamping Vacation: Back to 1953

Paper Romance Challenge: Colors - Chocolate, Teal, and White

Stamp Something: Flowery

The Crafty Pad: Vintage Theme

Creative Inspirations: Anything Goes

Very fun card to make. I just love those Fifty style ladies! Think I will make a few more cards. Have a great day everyone!

Karen

7 comments:

  1. This is a stunning card, I love the colour combo and the images are fab, thanks for playing along at Th.e crafty pad and good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card, love those colors used xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just wonderful! Beautiful work! Thanks for joining us at Paper Romance this week. hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, love the colour combo and that great image. Thank you so much for joining in the Vintage Challenge at The Crafty Pad this week with your lovely creation.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to layer the two images like that. I love it. Great colours. Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something. Hope to see you back next time.
    mwah
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty!!! Thanks for playing along this week at Paper Romance!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your colors on this, so chic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.