Saturday, July 17, 2010

My Favorite Things B-Day Summery Card

Happy Saturday!
My Favorite Things is 5 years old. And they are celebrating over at the Caardvarks blog. The challenge is to make a Birthday Card for My Favorite Things. I used one of the Jolinne stamps. I watercolored it and popped it up with foam tape on a dry embossed (Cuttlebug folder) piece of Crate Paper paper. I had to mixed several greens to get that shade for Jolinne's dress. I added another strip of the Crate Paper paper and then spritz with Glimmer Spray from Tattered Angels. The base of the card is made from bright green CS from Bazzill. I added some ribbon from Michaels and a B-day sentiment from My Sentiments Exactly.

Since I used a very summery color palette, this card also qualifies for the Summery challenge over at the Cute and Girly Blog. Still very hot here. That is why I am making so many cards. It is too hot to do anything outside...without passing out!!

Well, have a great day. See ya.

Karen

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely card! I wish it was hot over here! I think our summer had ended :-( lol Thank You for joining us over at BTC&G and Good Luck! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so understand! I would love to stay inside and card all day but the boys are begging to go for a swim. :) Love your card - those colors are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! I love the embossing on the background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really sweet card. Love the colours. Thanks for joining us over at By the Cute and Girly this month and good luck. Hugs Hanna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.