How is your week going? Well, I hope. I am enjoying this fabulous cool weather here in Michigan. Worked in the yard again today. Moved some hostas around and weeded.
Today, I have two all occasion cards to share. The card base fronts have a die cut an opening. Pretty background stamping, dry embossing and stamping peeks out from the opening. The cards were made for Card Care Connection-- an organization that sends cards to cancer patients.
Stamps: Stampin' Up
Background stamps: Impression Obsession Cover-a-Card - Rose Lace and Ornate Floral
CS: Light blue, cream, and white
Inks: Blue and Rust Dye; Blue and rust pigment in very light shades
Spellbinders and A Muse oval die cuts
Dry Embossing Oval - Stampin' Up
- Make A2 sized cards in blue and cream CS
- Die cut an oval opening in the front of each card
- Make background pieces by stamping the large Cover-a-card stamps on white and cream CS with the light colored pigment inks. Heat set.
Note: I use the pigment ink on the large background stamp because the ink stays wet longer. It does take a while to ink up the large stamp. I usually spend a few hours now and then making a bunch of background pieces. I keep them in a "background papers" box and I always have plenty to draw from.
- Cut pieces from the backgrounds that will fit behind the cut outs leaving a margin.
- Stamp the floral border and sentiment on the background
- Dry emboss
- Glue the background behind the cut out
- Add ribbons
Challenges for my All Occasion Cut Out Cards:
4 Crafty Chicks: anything goes
Penny's Paper Crafty: anything goes
Sisterhood Of Crafters: die cuts or punches
Through the craft room door: anything goes
So, next time I will have another of the washi tape cards. Stay tuned for that! I will be spending Saturday at the Heirloom Stamping show in Novi, MI. Now that should be fun!!! Looking forward to seeing products from some of my favorite companies. Maybe something new and exciting too!! I will show you all my goodies on Monday. See you then!! Love ya.