Friday, July 16, 2010

More Fruit!

Hi Everyone,
Another hot day here in Michigan. So, it is a good day to enjoy the air conditioning and make cards. The Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog Theme this week is "Fruit" and using Basic Grey papers if you have some. Fortunately, I do have some Basic Grey papers. I used papers from the Kioshi Collection. I also used a favorite stamp from Inkadinkado.






I stamped the image with Spiced Marmalade (Ranger) on Barely Banana CS (Stampin' Up). I added green to pear with Wild Lime ink (Vivid) using a Tim Holtz distressing ink applicator. I also used the applicator to add more Spiced Marmalade and Iced Tea inks (both from Ranger). I layered the image with the Basic Grey papers. I cut strips of the print paper and layered them over the paper. The card's base is made from Certainly Celery (SU). For accents I used tulle in a pale green and beads. I strung beads on thread and wrapped the string of beads around the tulle's knot. I took a few stitches and used some Zots to hold the string of beads on. I added a piece of orange ribbon under the beads. I also added a row of gem stickers.

Here is a detail of the beading and the paper strips.

Here is a detail of the center motif.

Hope you have enjoyed my fruity creation. This card also qualifies for the Summer time Challenge at the All Sorts Blog and at the Totally Papercrafts blog.

Have a great day!

Karen

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card karen :-) the image is gorgeous and the papers and embellies are fab ,, very 'arty' :-)

    thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    Luv
    Lols x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card - great embellishments.
    Thanks for taking on my challenge at Allsorts this week.
    Take care
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen

    gorgeous card, beautiful colours, thanks for joining us at tpc

    Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is so pretty. I really lovethis BG pad, one of my favourites. Your details are gorgeous
    Thanks for joining us on Simon Says Stamp this week
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! I love the colors you used and the bead details are really nice!!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen
    very pretty card,lovely colours, thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, love the colours
    Thanks for joining ALLSORTS this week
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulation on winning at the Simon's!!!

    I love your stamping on this card!
    yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gefeliciteerd met het winnen van de "get fruity"-challenge!
    Liefs,Celia uit België.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.