Wednesday, January 9, 2013

WOYWW 188 - Making Card For Kids

Hi Everyone!
Here I am back with What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday!  I took a little break over the holidays and missed peeking into all the creative spaces.  Check out Julia's Blog Stamping Ground for all the details.  And, link up for a journey around the world having a look at all the busy work spaces!  On my desk are some of the cards I have been making for Operation Write Home.  The cards were all designed to appeal to Children.   I will take better photos later  and post them to my blog.  I decided that January will be a month when I make cards for card drives.  I started this morning on Valentine's cards that will be sent to hospitalized children.  I will share those as well when I get them made.  Here's my desk:





There are some My Favorite Things, Stampavie, Crafter's Companion, and Sweet N Sassy stamps.  And, lots of papers.  I am putting a little ribbon on the bunny card.   Below are a few more of the cards I made for Operation Write Home.  Stamps: My Favorite Things, ducks-Prairie Fairy digi, bird is a Sizzix die cut.







And, this last photo is a picture of a cutter I bought.  (One of my Christmas gifts from my husband--I picked it out and bought it.  LOL)  It works pretty good and the cuts are very accurate.






Hope you have enjoyed taking a peek at my work space.  Tomorrow I will be posting a card made with Stampsmith stamps.  Something to warm you up on a cold winter's day.  See you then.  Happy WOYWWing!!  Love ya.
Karen

18 comments:

  1. Such gorgoeus cards! I have a Purple Cows cutter and wouldn't buy another sort now (in fact I own two!)Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind comments about my cushions - yes the buttons are sewn on. Happy Wednesday. :o)
    Sue x (MiniOwner @53)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely cards you've made. Last year was our big charity card year, although we still hope to make a few batches this year too. Happy crafting and thanks for visiting the bears this week. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cards! Such a fabulous idea to send valentines to children in hospital, love that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen, Fab idea and your cards are gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such sweet cards and for such a lovely use too.
    Happy WOYWW,
    Laura
    89

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely cards and a fab idea Karen. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards, Karen, and for a great cause - love all the colours and cuteness on your desk. Cutter looks fascinating - glad it's being useful! Looking forward to your Stampsmith piece... Happy WOYWW!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable cards!! Love them!!

    I am new to WOYWW and friends with Sandee. Hope you have a chance to check out my blog and desk.
    Lori #81

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards and for such a great cause! I made the decision that all my stuff was going to go to charity this year as I was fed up of doing crafty fairs. I can't stop making stuff so some poor soul has to get my 'efforts'!! Nice cutter btw!!
    Hugs, LLJ 38 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. great idea for the valentine cards. My daughter is in and out of the childrens ward so I know how much things like that mean to kids there.
    caroline #123

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards on your desk Karen and well done on making all these for children who need hugs and smiles!
    That cutter looks great! Crafting gifts are great aren't they?
    Hugs
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cards are adorable. I'm glad to hear your like that cutter. I was considering buying one and I like to know how other people like them before making the purchase. April #136

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adoreable cards for kids. Thanks foe stopping by my blog. Hope you have a great week
    Krisha #110

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful cards and I love that you chose and bought the cutter from your Hubby - no chance of mistakes that way! Hugs, Di xx#32

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those cards will be greatly appreciated I am sure, that's a wonderful thing you are doing! One day late but aiming to comment on EVERYONE this WOYWW, waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I make cards for OWH too!! Awesome! Your cards are so pretty and I know they will be loved.

    Jeannie #60

    ReplyDelete
  17. How great to be able to have fun creating these beautiful cards and then use them for such a good cause! Loved seeing your space!
    Have a great WOYWW,
    Lisa #149

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are marvellous, your beautiful cards will be so appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.