Today, I have a pair of butterfly beauties to share with you. I used a Faux Batik technique to create the backgrounds. The stamps are from Blockheads Stamps.
Stamps: Painted Butterflies from Blockheads Stamps
Inks: Coffee Archival, Versa Mark Embossing Ink
Antique Linen Distress Stain
Re-inkers: Scattered Straw, Tattered Roses, Vintage Photo Distress;
Rhubarb Stalk Memento, Cosmic Copper Brilliance
White Embossing Powder
Cardstock: White, Mustard, Tan, Brown
Metallic Rub Ons
- I used the technique outlined on the Blockheads blog.
- Scattered Straw and Tattered Rose are the re-inkers used in this sample.
- To add more depth to the butterflies, I stamped over the butterfly with Coffee Archival ink.
- With a soft cloth wipe the ink off the embossed area. A really cool shadow is left around the butterfly.
- I added a piece of lace, tulle, a sheer ribbon, and pearls for embellishments
- I rubbed the Metallic Rub Ons around the edges.
- The second card is made in the same way following the Faux Batik instructions.
- Vintage Photo re-inker and Antique Linen Distress Stain are used in this sample
- I added black lace, black tulle, sheer ribbon, and pearls for embellishments.
I hope you enjoyed all the Butterfly projects made by the Blockheads Design Team during the month of January!! I know I enjoyed making mine and checking out the other great projects by the other Blockheads!! For the month of February we will be showing you all kinds of ways to use Perfect Pearls! Blockheads has a new selection of single pots of Perfect Pearls to tempt you!!
I will start off the month with two Valentine's Day cards made with Sunflower Sparkle!! Stay tuned for that on Saturday!
Wow, the weather here in Michigan is totally whacky! 50 degrees and rain. Well, I hope you are having a great day in your little corner of the world. Love ya.