Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Cute Card with Pretty Dress

Hi Dreamers,
Well, here we go...Today is the first post of all the charity cards I made (70 cards total).  I made three cute little dress cards using a digi from Michelle Perkett.  The cards went out to Operation Write Home.  There are some guidelines to follow for OWH cards: no glitter, A2 size, minimal bumpiness, and blank on the inside.  Here is a photo of all the cards for OWH.






This image is a digi that I printed out on white CS and colored with Markers.  I made three different versions. 


Version 1



Detail






Version 2



Detail




Version 3




Detail



I added some all occasion sentiments to each card.  The cards are sent overseas to service men and women.  They use the cards to write home to loved ones.  I think this is a great cause and I have been making cards for OWH for years.  Check out the OWH site for more info.



And how about a few fun challenges!!
Can you digi it: getting girly
Inky Chicks: anything goes
Shopping Our Stash: 3 things with T--Teal CS, Tags, Three die Cut circles --version 2
Craft door magazine: Anything goes

Let's see, what do I have for tomorrow??  How about a trip down the yellow brick road!??  See you tomorrow!!  Have a great day!  Love ya.
Karen

6 comments:

  1. Great trio of variations... I love, love the tags hanging on the ribbon! Love those little dressforms in tutus in the main pic too... Will check out OWH - though for some reason, I find cards very hard work - this could be just the impetus I need!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen,

    Thank you so much for sharing your link with me, your cards are gorgeous and I am thrilled you are making cards for OWH, one of my favorite card charities!

    Blessings,

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing array of artwork! LOVE the different colors you used--so fabulous! Thanks for joining us at CYDI!!! I hope you join us again soon--and I hope you have some time to join me at Inkspirational and Technique Tuesday for our challenges this time around as well! HUGS and happy weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific group of cards! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the fun colors you used on this cute group of cards! Thank you for sharing with us at TTCRD last week. Hope to see you again this week! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great set of cards! Love that dress!

    Thanks for playing along with us at CYDI?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.