Thursday, January 24, 2013

Somewhere Over the Rainbow with The Stampsmith

Hi Dreamers!
How is your week going?  Having a good week here and getting lots of things accomplished.  Cleaned my house this morning.  Yea, so nice to have a clean space.  Bright and sunny here today, but very cold.  Perfect day to stay inside and make a few cards.  LOL.  (Like I need an excuse to make cards!!)  Today we are going over the rainbow with two of The Wizard of Oz stamps from The Stampsmith. 

Note:  Check out the Stampsmith Challenge this month--recycle an item on your project.  The team is also looking for Guest Designers!!!  See the blog for all the details.

I used some new Bazzill CS that I received from my stamping buddy, Chris for Christmas.  She also gave me  the rainbow ribbon.  Sooo, I made this card for her.





The Dorothy image was stamped on glossy white CS with Black dye ink.  I layered the image with Black CS and added it to a lavender card base.  




This sentiment is also in the Wizard of Oz full sheet.






I punch some bluebirds, of course, to add to the card.






And, left the inside simple so that I would have room to write a nice "thank you" note to my friend.  





How about a few fun challenges, too!!

Cute Card Thursday: out of this world
Divas by Design: fairytales
365 Cards: Word Wed--sweet
Dutch dare: winged things
Dream Valley: girls

Let's see, what do I have for you tomorrow?  Hmmm.  How about some cutesy Valentines's day cards??  Okay, see you then.  Love ya.
Karen

10 comments:

  1. l love wizard of the oz and your image of Dorothy is great nice and vintage too! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and such a pretty image too :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card Karen! Perfect for our challenge at 365 Cards. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this over at the Stampsmith - the birds are adorable, and the funky ribbon is perfect.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is really wonderful. I love the ribbon with this.

    Thanks for joining us at Dutch Dare Card Challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely creation, so sweet! Thanks for playing along with us at Divas by Design, this week!Hugs,Frances.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so fantastic, love the image!
    many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday challenge this week, have a great weekend!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card.
    Thank you for sharing this with us at Dream Valley.
    Hugs Karolina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! Thank you for joining us at Dream Valley Challenges this time :-) Elaine DT -xxx-
    p.s I have candy on my blog if you would like to pop by and enter :-) http://sparklingblackrose-craftmylife.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/new-candy.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card. Thank you for sharing with us at Dutch Dare Card Challenges this week.

    Hugs Helen xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.