We are experiencing very cold temperatures here in good old Michigan. Sooo, I wanted to make something sun shiny and warm. And, I am in a "tag" making mood lately. I made these three using Blockhead stamps and Distress Embossing Powder. Actual size of the tag is 2 1/2" x 5".
Stamps: Whimsical- Take Flight Set from Blockheads
Distress Ink: Frayed Burlap and Crushed Olive
Distress Embossing Powder
#5 Size Manila Tags -Inksentials
- Stamp the Moth and script stamps on the tags with Embossing ink
- Heat Emboss with Distress Embossing powder. It will turn a lighter color when it is heated.
- Let the powder cool
- When cool, brush off the pieces of the powder that don't melt. The Distress powder is designed to do this.
- I used two colors of embossing powder on the tag below
- Apply the Distress ink to the tag
- Add strips of fabric to the tags. Tie them in knots or bows through the holes in the tags.
- Add some jewelry pieces and a large brad
The Distress Embossing powder gives a really muted look. The colors get lighter when heated so keep that in mind when selecting your colors.
Here is a mega close up so you can see how the Distress embossing looks. I love this look...it is just perfect for vintagey projects.
And, how about a few super fun Challenges!!
Simon Says Stamp and Show: what are you known for--I almost always add fibers/fabric/ribbon!
Anything but a Card: tie it up
365 Cards: skewed
Crafty Catz Weekly: anything but a card
Craft-room Challenge: monochromatic
Papertake Weekly:Tie up loose ends-a bow on card
Well, that's it for me today. I will be back tomorrow with some cards that went to Operation Write Home. See you then!! Love ya.