Thursday, January 10, 2013

Winter Wishes with The Stampsmith

Hi Dreamers!
I would like to say an extra special "Hello" to new followers.  Welcome aboard!  We have fun here in dreamland.  LOL.  Today, let's warm up some icy blue papers with warm winter wishes!  I have made this winter all occasion card with an image from the Flappers #1 Full Sheet by The Stampsmith.




One of the great things about Stampsmith Stamps, is that they make such a great focal point.  All you have to do is layer some paper and presto---a fab card!  I stamped this lovely Flapper with black dye ink on glossy white CS.




I layered the image with black and Not Quite Navy CS (Stampin' Up) and added in some  icy blue glittery papers  (My Mind's Eye).  For just a touch of interest and texture, I used a corner punch on the two right hand corners.  Of course, this lovely lady needed some bling--blue rhinestones.







On the inside I stamped a wintry themed sentiment.  This card will be sent out to a friend to brighten her day.
She lives in Arizona, so I think she will like the chilly colors.  LOL.




Oh!  I think my Lovely Flapper would like to be entered into the following challenges:
365 Cards: rounding the corner
Little Red Wagon: bling
Craft Door Magazine: anything goes
Craft Our Passion: vintage/shabby chic
Cupcake Craft: January Blues
Vintage Stamping: vintage
Creative Moments: Monochromatic
Cute Card Thursday: beat the blues

Don't forget to pop over and join in with The Stampsmith January Challenge--The theme is to use a recycled item and at least one Stampsmith stamp.
So, let's see, what will I have for you tomorrow??  Oh, I know, I will share some of the kids cards I made to send to Operation Write Home.  I have to take the rest of the photos and I will have those for you tomorrow.  Hope to see you then.  Have a super Thursday!!  Love ya.
Karen

11 comments:

  1. Great vintage creation! I really like the punched corners. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Karen. You've made it look so easy (when it isn't!). The corner detailing is inspired. I popped over here for a look/see from Blockheads - you have some super tutorials and gorgeous crafting. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the image- and how easily this image makes a card come together! Love the colors, the bling and the sweet little dainty bow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning Karen, it's a beautiful image and you selected perfect colours to complemented it.

    It's great to see you at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping challenges this month, thanks so much to joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous card, love that image!
    Many thanks for joining in the
    ♥Cute Card Thursday Challenge♥
    this week! Have a great weekend ♥Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen, what a beautiful vintage card and image - wonderful use of colour!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Creative Moments Challenge #8 Monochrome/Anything Goes. We really appreciate it and hope to see you again Karen (P) CM DT http://stampinginpink.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. An absolutely enchanting stamp, and I love your elegant framing of her! Delicious papers...
    Have a great weekend, Karen!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great image and a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card, Karen! Your image is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous Vintage card, love thr image and all the detail. Thank you for joining us at Creative Moments this fortnight. Abbie (Co Owner) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.