Friday, August 17, 2012

Tea Pot Lady Card and Tag with Lots of Fibers

Hi Dreamers,
Happy Friday!  Bring on the weekend!  I am going to hang out with my friend, Sharon tomorrow.  We are going to a morning card making event.  And, then we will hunt out some garage sales where  I  will be looking for items to alter.  And, maybe a few good books.  Sounds fun, doesn't it??!!
Today, I have two really fun projects; a card and a tag using stamps from Character Construction: Mad Tea Party #7.   I went a bit mad myself with my projects.  And, I certainly did not spare the fibers.  Here is the card.




 I stamped the Tea Pot lady and the pots with Oregano Adirondack ink on white CS.  The images were colored with Watercolor Crayons.  Now this part is very technical....  I blended the crayons with my finger.  LOL.  I suppose I could have used a Fantastix or something, but I did not want to use any water because I used a dye ink to stamp.  I  dry embossed the piece  and swiped it with Shabby Shutter Distress ink.






As I said, I went a bit mad with all the fibers and added a wide ribbon and lots of rick rack.  The inside is fairly sane and has plenty of room for a nice note.

Inside

Now on to the Tag.  I started with a dark brown tag and sprayed with iridescent Glimmer Mist.  I added some Vintage Bronze enamel powder (from Piccolo) on one edge and the bottom.    The images are stamped with Oregano ink on white CS and cut out.


Add the Tea Pot Lady to the tag and apply a coat of Glastique Finishing Glaze.  Love this effect.



Apply some Crushed Olive Distress Ink and Tempting Turqouoise ink (Stampin' Up) ink  to the cups and pots.  Add them with dimensional squares.  I added fabric puffs on the sides.



The puffs are really easy to make.  If you have made yo-yos, you know how to make these puffs.  Cut a circle from fabric.  Hand sew gathering stitches around the edge and pull tight.  That's it.  "Sew" easy.  LOL.
Add the ribbon at the top.


And, how about a few super fun Challenges!!
DL Art Thankful Thursday: use Fabric---my tag
Moving Along with the Times: any shape but square--my tag
Paper Crafting Journey: anything goes
City Crafter: use fabric
Simon Says stamp and Show: fav technique---a new favorite--using the Piccolo Enamel Powders on my tag.


I hope you enjoy the weekend and have some free time to create a fun project.  Or, to do something else fun.  If I find any good stuff at the garage sales, I show you on Monday.  Love ya.
Karen

17 comments:

  1. I just love your tags, What a fun stamp with all the teapots and the color is great.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday challenge (fabric)
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving teapot lady and all the cups and saucers. Terrific ribbons. Have a great weekend, x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun image Karen! I LOVE the tag! Fabulous colours!

    Debbie
    ^,,^

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastically quirky image, and you've given her the perfect places to live - with such fun and colour. Love all the teacups on the second one!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your fabby creation with the DT from SIMON SAY STAMP AND SHOW, love the colors and the fabby funny image you have used. Hugs Terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely ways to use this image, your colours are gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at Paper Crafting Journey

    hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet, thanks for sharing it with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh these are both brilliant, what a great stamp, its so quirky, Thanks for sharing with us on MAWTT this fortnight, Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. How very sweet this is ... your image is so unusual ... loving the fabrics too ... Thanks for playing at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very sweet! I love the image ! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty little pictures Karen, and thanks so much for using Character Constructions in your work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cool image. I just love it.. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a nice creations Karin...so different but so great. The stamp of the teapot lady is amazing!

    greetings, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super Creations Karen, Image is Very different and love the colours and that beautiful bow.
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT
    Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is one of my FAVORITE character constructions stamps! you've done so beautifully with it! gorgeous. xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful projects! What a funky image! Love those colors!
    Hugs,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.