Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Holiday Lady with Character Construction

Hi Dreamers!
I don't think it is too early to start on a few holiday cards, do you?  I have been thinking about getting some made and this one "emerged"  from one of my backgrounds.  I make the backgrounds in big batches and put them in folder.  I always have a nice selection ready to use.  Now, back to the holiday topic.  I like to try non-traditional images to make holiday cards...... You know, just for fun.  Here is my Holiday Lady.   I used the Character Construction Stamps:





I started with a background made with a Crafters Workshop Template and spray inks.  I stamped onto the background with Sienna  and Coffee Archival inks.  I drew in skirt  silhouette with a black marker following the diamond pattern in the background.  I did not plan this, it just happened.  LOL.  Sometimes things just come together like that.   Sometimes.   I layered onto green and red CSs, and added a bit of shimmer with a gold pen on the edges of the card base.





I stamped the bird in red, cut out and layered onto the branch.  I added some silk poinsettias with a gem in each center.




I added a nice sentiment to the inside, a left over piece of background, and a spritz of spray ink.  

Inside


I think I will make a few more of these to go in the Holiday card box.  I know some of my GF's would love this card. 

How about a few Challenges??!!
Anything Challenge: make your own background
Winter Wonderland: red and green


Super busy day today, gotta run.  Love ya.
Karen

12 comments:

  1. Lovely card. Thanks for sharing your card with us over at the Creative Card Crew.

    Elle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shades of red and green and a lovely creation, thank you so much for joining us this week at the Winter Wonderland
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your unique Christmas card Karen, terrific design. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the background on this fabulous card .
    Thanks for sharing it with us at anything goes challenge.
    Hugs Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card with gorgeous stamped background...

    Thanks for joining in at Anything Goes - Good luck and hope to see you again soon!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww another gorgeous creation!!
    I am going to follow your blog now as really enjoy looking at your samples.
    Thanks so much for your comments on my blog. Means alot xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic Xmas card, I love that image and your colours are gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at Creative Card Crew

    hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a different take on Christmas. I'll have to try those colors together. Thanks for joining us over at Creative Card Crew. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely Christmas card! Thanks so much for joining us at the creative card crew for our challenge. Good Luck!
    Denise
    CCC-DT
    I have blog candy available through Sept if you are interested!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Karen
    Beautiful choice of stamp and I like the colour combination. Whoever receives this holiday card will have it on display long after the holidays have passed.
    Thank you for sharing with us at FSC.
    Wishes
    Lynne
    P.S. Will be in contact soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card with a beautiful image.(Like the addition of the skirt)
    Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
    Avril

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is stunning! Love the simplicity and the colors! Great Christmas card!
    Hugs,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.