Tuesday, August 14, 2012

More Paper Artsy With The Blockheads

Hi Dreamers!
I managed to get all my stamps from the Heirloom show mounted and cataloged.  I finished up this morning.  And, had time to make a few more samples using the Lynne Perrella - Paper Artsy .  I have two finished projects, but I got carried away stamping....are you surprised?!   I will show you everything.   Let's  start with this card.



Materials List for all Projects:
Lynne Perrella - Paper Artsy stamps - Lovely Hats
Seashells with Round frame -Blockheads
Seashells with Rectangle frame -Blockheads
Inks:
Memento- Gray Flannel, Rhubarb Stalk, Rich Cocoa, Tuxedo Black
Versa Magic- Niagara Falls, Pink Petunia
Distress Inks- Frayed Burlap, Forest Moss, Tattered Rose, Spun Sugar, Vintage Photo

I started by stamping the Round  frame with Niagara Falls ink, and then the Ship Hat lady in Gray Flannel.
Add some stamped sea shells.  I made four different samples using the same inks on different colors of CS.  The card above is made with the White CS sample.   I saved the other pieces for later.



I wanted a bit of texture on the white CS so....


I sponged on some Frayed Burlap.  Then added Forest Moss with the regular Ranger applicator.




The piece was layered on bright green and black CS.  I added a scrap of gauze fabric, black lace, ribbon, and large pearls.



The second finished project is made in the same way-by stamping the Rectangle frame with  Pink Petunia and the Lady with Rhubarb Stalk.



And, here are the other samples I made.


Stamp some script with Rich Cocoa.  So, again, I wanted to add some texture and I just happened to have a piece of Crinkle CS laying on the table......


I pounced the ink onto the Crinkle CS and them press the CS into the cream CS.  See what neat lines this made.  Distress with Tattered Rose, Spun Sugar, and Vintage Photo.   Use the Crinkle CS as a layering piece.



I gathered a piece of sheer fabric to make a rosette like thingy, and added a clock metal piece.



Whew, that was a long post.  Hope I did not over load you!
Challenges!!!!
Simon Says Stamp and Show is having a use your favorite technique Challenge.  I am using two of my fav's here.  Stamping to make a collage and distressing with inks.
Art with No Boundaries: the rhythm of the sea
City Crafter Challenge: use fabric
Craft-Room: fashion
Creative Card Crew: maps, script,text, newsprint

23 comments:

  1. Wow Karen, These are wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Card with lots of detail. I love the ship in her hair, her shell umbrella. The shells in the background and especially the way you have sponged the background to give it texture Thank you for joining in at AWNB
    Paula DT:o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both your projects, but that first one, Wow, Love that stamp with the ship in her hair. Thanks for entering Art With No Boundaries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply gorgeous work... love the initial tryouts, leaving you with lots of variations to work from. I always do that with new stamps - so much inspiration. Brilliant work - I love the scarlet text stampy one so much - full of the blood of the revolution!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is beautiful! Love your aging technique. It looks wonderful. I also really love your samples of some stamping and inking techniques you were trying. Very interesting. Thanks for sharing your ideas and your work with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, these are so lovely! Thank you for showing your techniques and process of how you stamped them. I am inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen, what great cards. isn't it fun to play with new stuff!
    thanks for commenting on my blog and good luck in drawing for stamp set.
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards! I love the ship hat lady.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful creations! Your stamping is so lovely ... and the lace and muslin look great! Thanks for playing along at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  10. You had a party with your new stamps and inks glorious! & the results all knockout! My favourite is the first one the image is new to me so you can guess where I'm going next! and the vintage colours so right. thank you for sharing this with us at Craft-Room Challenge and for making me aware of at least one more stamp I NEED! XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is awesome, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  12. the Marie stamp is always fun- love how you've created such a vintage effect, thanks for sharing at Craft Room challenge, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lots of great card art... Thanks for playing along with the current Creative Card Crew challenge.

    Hugs
    Elle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards...the step by step was fab! Thank you for entering the craft room challenge. Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous work!!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CCCB!!



    ReplyDelete
  16. Very beautiful cards! Thanks for playing along at CCC! Ani

    ReplyDelete
  17. A fabulous card, I love the image and colours. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lots of great work there and fab techniques. The script looks great!

    Thanks for joining the Creative Card Crew challenge!

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an beautiful card. I love the layering of the stamps. So pretty..

    Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, these are great! I love the result of the sponging on the first card, and the colour in the second one is gorgeous.

    Thanks for joining in with our Fashion theme over at the Craft-Room challenge.

    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful combination of stamps and love the ribbons you chose! So glad you joined us at Art With No Boundaries!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely beautiful projects! I love all the pics and tutorials - your work is truly amazing!
    Big hugs,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.