Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Waterfall Card

Hi Everyone,
Today's project is a Waterfall card.  Remember this technique?  I have been wanting to try this for quite a while.  I picked up this cute stamp set from Hero Arts and thought it would be perfect for a waterfall card.  If you have been following along with me you know that I have been posting the all occasion cards I made for my friend (35 in all).  This is another of those cards.  This one was really special to her because her family is Ukrainian and the stacking dolls are a very popular theme in Ukrainian art.  She has this card earmarked for her aunt.
 I used the pattern available on Split Coast Stampers in their Resources tab.  All papers and CS(Apricot Appeal) are from Stampin' Up.  The stamp used to make the background is also from Stampin' Up.  The sentiment is from My Sentiments Exactly.  Now here is my tip for making this waterfall stay together.  Don't use a tape runner.  It will fall apart.  I used a strong glue stick (Extra Strong Embellishment Glue Stick) made by Pioneer (my favorite adhesive!!).  Glue your layers together with the Pioneer and you will be happy.  This is what the card looks like as you pull down on the tab.




A few Fun challenges for my Stacking Dolls Waterfall Card:
Anything Goes: More that one fold
My Time To Craft: Citrus colors
Shopping Our Stash: an Old Technique- I used the waterfall card technique
Top Tip Tuesday: shaped cards-waterfall shape with a tip on adhesive

Hope you enjoyed my waterfall card.  Still super hot temperatures her in Michigan today.  I am just hanging out inside with the air conditioning on.  I might go and do a little stamping now.  Have a great day.  Love ya.
Karen

13 comments:

  1. This is lovely Karen l like a waterfall card they are so different, lovely colours and love the stacking dolls image really is beautiful:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great waterfall card, terrific stamp. Thanks for sharing at MTTC this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful card Karen...great images. I like the way you have the second bar on the top of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how nice! I've made these before and they are a LOT of work! Love the final project!

    Thanks for joining us this week at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Waterfall Card and thank you so much for sharing your Top Tip with us over at Top Tip Tuesday this week - Good Luck :)

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful waterfall card, works wonderfully with the nesting dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and excellent tip! I wish I'd known that when I made my waterfall card...it turned out more like a water"fell" apart card. :(
    Thanks for the great info and your wonderful entry into our Top Tip Tuesday "shaped cards" challenge.
    Good luck to you!
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab waterfall card - I've never been able to get my head around how to do this, so you're much cleverer than me LOL!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash - hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Marie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cool card, I've never even seen or heard of this technique & I love it! Thanks for sharing your technique with us over at SOS (Shopping our Stash)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the waterfall cards...they are soe much fun...I made a bunch for Christmas one year with Santa's clothes, but haven't done them since...might have to pull out my template again and try another one....

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous make! I've never done one of these but always wanted to! Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes this week, hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such an awesome card; those stacking dolls are so cute; and your colors super!

    Thanks for joining the fun at Top Tip Tuesday!
    :0)
    Janette
    LaJanette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. We love your stacking dolls!! Too cute! Rebecca and Emma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.