Thursday, July 7, 2011

DeNami Rainbow Card

Hi and Happy Thursday!
DeNami is sponsoring the Rainbow Challenge over at the Embellish Magazine Blog.  So, I just had to join in.  I got out my DeNami Heart block stamp and a Kaleidacolor ink pad.  Here is my card.

I started with a piece of White CS.  I stamped the image with Creole Spice Kaleidacolor ink Pad from Tsukineko.   Next, I used a wet small brush to watercolor the insides of the hearts with the same ink colors.  Using stipple brushes, stipple the ink colors in diagonal pattern across the width of the CS.  Here is a close up. You can see the stippling in this photo.

To finish it off,  the stamped piece was layered with Night of Navy, Perfect Plum, and Handsome Hunter  (Stampin' Up).   I used a rainbow colored sheer ribbon that I tied in a bow.  Some sparkle was added with some Dimensional dot stickers (EK Sucess).

Okay, that's all for now.  I have some other things I will be showing you tomorrow.  Or maybe I will be back later today.  You have a great day!!!  Love ya.
Karen

3 comments:

  1. Hi, This is lovely! your rainbow ribbon is fabulous and the dot stickers almost look like card candy love the watercolour in the hearts so beautifully finished:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!! Pat K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, beautiful is the perfect word to describe this! Great card, Karen! :) So glad you joined us for the Embellish Color Trends Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.