Friday, July 15, 2011

Vintage Challenge at Stampsmith Challenge

Hi Everyone,
It is the 15th and time for a new Stampsmith Challenge.  New challenges are posted on the 1st and the 15th of each month. And, since it is the 15th, you must use at least one Stampsmith stamp to eligible for the prize.  The new theme is:
VINTAGE
Ooohh, you know I love vintage.  For my Design Team project I used the stamp 
"Love Under the Stars"  from the Stampsmith Shop.  



The card base is made from Close To Cocoa CS and layered with Cherry Cobbler (Stampin' Up).  I dry embossed a piece of Close To Cocoa CS with a Tim Holtz folder.  It was then distress with Vintage Photo ink and heat embossed with gold superfine embossing powder (Ranger).  You can emboss with the distress inks.  I stamped the image on glossy White CS with Chocolate Chip dye ink (SU).  I tore the edges and layered with a piece of Cherry Cobble CS (SU).  

I made the flowers by using a stiff floral ribbon.  It has to be a stiff ribbon to create the pleats.  A soft ribbon will make gathers.  Take a length of ribbon and run some hand stitches down one long end.  Pull the stitches to create the pleats.  Secure the stitches and put a few stitches to hold the shorts ends together.  I placed a brad in the center.  Do not fold out the prongs.  Leave them in the closed position.  Use some Fabric -Tac  to glue the flowers to the card.  And tie a sheer ribbon in  a bow and glue to card.  
I thought this would be a nice Anniversary or wedding card.  I added a Congratulations (My Favorite Things) sentiments on the inside.

Do my pictures look good today?  I got some tips from my pal, Val.  So is awesome!

Other Challenges for My Vintage Love Card:
Simon Says Stamp and Show: show some stitching.  I stitched the flowers from ribbon.
Simon Says Stamp: Anything goes.


Tomorrow I will definitely post the Steampunk style Birthday card.  I know, I was supposed to post it days ago.  But, I forgot.  LOL  So look for it tomorrow.    Have a great day.  Love ya.
Karen 

12 comments:

  1. Okay, I am wondering where you get all of your energy. This is just so lovely! I gotta say that man looks a lot like my father. LOLOL Who but you would know these colors are just perfect for that photo and the flowers are just the right kind too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bold use of colour in this card !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely vintage image and splash of red - great flowers!Thanks for sharing your art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card!
    Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous creation such detail and so pretty, thank you for joining us at Our Vintage Affair
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Very vintagey! Love the colours and the image is really great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card !
    Thank you for joining us at Our Vintage Affair

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Karen - very vintagey! Thank you for joining in with us at Our Vintage Affair Polly x

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE LOVE LOVE your image... Colors work awesome together... Great job !!!!Thank you for creating with us at Our Vintage Affair. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.