Sunday, July 24, 2011

CAS Card Set With Blockhead Stamps

Note: 
Check out my card on the Vamp Stamp News August Gallery.  The card features the  Chinese Princess stamp from Blockheads.

Hi Everyone,
Hope you have had a great weekend.  I am continuing to be a CAS (clean and simple) mood.  I wanted to show you that you can use Blockheads' "art " stamps for your CAS  cards.  I made a set of cards using Flowers: Full Sheet.  I used the Large Tulip image.  The flower stamps are also available as singles.  All of the sentiments are from the Verses: Special Delivery Half Sheet.

I wanted to make a set of cards and vary the colors for each one.  I stamped them all on White CS in the normal CAS fashion.  I stamped the image with Jet Black Stazon ink.  The technique used to color the images is: Markers applied with a Blending Pen.  I scribbled the marker on a clear acrylic block.  Then pick up the marker ink with the blending pen and color in the image with the blending pen.  I like this technique because it gives you a more transparent and shaded look compared to coloring straight on the paper with the marker.  Here is the first example




This was colored with purple and green  markers.  The card base is made from a dark plum CS and I added a gingham ribbon.  Here is a close up.  See what I mean about this coloring tech.  The flowers and leaves are nicely shaded.



The second example uses blue- greens, and peach- rose colors.


I layered with Mossy green and Navy CS and added a peachy pink ribbon.  Here is a close up.


I also did a darker green and red version.


And a yellow version.


Don't be afraid to try your "Art" stamps on your CAS projects.  They work great as you can see.

Have a great day and don't forget to get some stamping done.  Love ya.
Karen

5 comments:

  1. Karen
    Congratulations on your art in Vamp Stamp. You are on fire, aren't you.
    These cards are so elegant.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say, Karen, is they should be framed!!! All are lovely!! Congrats on Vamp Stamp too! I am not surprised at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous bouquet of cards Karen! Love all your colour choices! Congratulations on your VSN gallery art!!!! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.