Saturday, July 23, 2011

Fun Sewing Themed Card

Hi Everyone,
Hope you are having a great weekend!  Hot here!  I have  a Sewing Themed card for you today.  I pulled out one of my Lawn Fawn sets for this card.  I went very whimsical and created this Sewing Room.


I used some Stampin' Up DP to simulate the wallpaper and floor.  I stamped the squiggles and flowers (in the So Lovely stamp set Lawn Fawn) with Mellow Moss ink (SU).  I layered with Perfect Plum and Cameo Coral CS (SU).   I stamped the images (Lawn Fawn) and colored with Copics.  The images were cut out and glued to the background.  I made the table by punching two ovals with a Marvy punch.  I cut strips for the legs.  I drew the drawers on the front of the table with a Sharpie fine point marker.   The sentiment was stamped with black Stazon.



My Sewing Room is entered in the following Challenges:
Lawnscaping: make a scene
Art Impressions: stitching -real or faux
Sweet Stampin Challenge: Fashion-where does fashion begin but in the sewing room.


Try to stay cool.  I had to go out and do some grocery shopping.  But, now I am back in the air conditioning.  Enjoy your weekend  and set aside some time for stamping.  Love ya.
Karen

12 comments:

  1. Karen, I love this! love how you created the table!! Very creative and out of the box! Thanks for playing along with us again. This is great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow how lovely is this!! :) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen...this is a lovely card. Love how you created the walls and the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely and fun at the same time Karen! Love the depth in this card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card! You did a great job creating the scene! Thanks for joining the challenge at Art Impressions. Hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card, its great fun and perfect for the fashion challenge. Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin this week. Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet card and so perfect for the Art Impressions "stitching" challenge. Thanks for playing and I hope you win!
    Mary
    AI design team

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww this is seeeeww lovely :) lovely simple card, just perfect for our theme this week at Sweet Stampin. Thank you for playing with us, good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very fun and pretty card too! Love that sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing at Sweet Stampin this week! xx Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Karen, this is fantastic, love the 'wallpaper & carpet effect & that table is super - very creative indeed. Thanks so much for playing along with our Sweet Stampin challenge x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.