Saturday, July 16, 2011

Steampunk Style Birthday Card

Hi Everyone,
Here I am today with the Steampunk Style Birthday Card I made for my nephew's 16th Birthday.  I used lots of different stamps for this project.  But, the main images are from the Victorian Inventions Set from  Blockheads Paper Arts.  I also used some older Stampin' Up stamps and some numbers.  The  envelope is decorated too.
My nephew loves orange and purple.  So, those are the colors that  I used.   Here is the envelope close up.  I started with a pale yellow envelope. 


And, here is the card.

Basically, I just stamped the images on a piece of Crushed Curry CS (Stampin' Up) until I liked what I had.  I stamped the Flying Machine on cream CS and cut parts of it out and layered over the image.  The inks: Vintage Sepia -VersaFine, Rhubarb Stalk (Memento), Vintage Photo Distress (Ranger), and Crushed Curry (SU).  I stamped on a metal trimmed tag and added a brad to it.  The tag was attached with a large glue dot.


This is what the inside looks like.  I stamped the flying machine (Blockheads) again and the speckled stamp (SU).

Some Super Fun Challenges for Steampunk Birthday:
A lota Rubber: Circles -I used a circle tag and stamped lots of circular shapes.
Artistic Stamper: use Hot colors
Desert Island Crafts: Pick three from list-my picks: Steampunk, clocks, collage
Sweet Stampin: One for the boys
Paper-Crafting Journey: Male cards
Gingersnap Creations: gears, cogs, and watch parts

I will be back tomorrow with two graduation cards.  And, my gosh, I have to get those out in the mail today! It is getting kind of late for grad cards.  But, I am sure someone may need a few yet this year.   See you tomorrow.  Love ya.
Karen

14 comments:

  1. Lovely "steampunk" card Karen. I have just done my first ever two Steampunk cards and loved it. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful BD card! I really like how you did the colors and dimensional clock too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great creation! :) Love all the arty vintage details.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great birthday card! Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card - Thankyou for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week and good luck xx Kozmik xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen, Thanks for playing along with Paper Crafting Journey "Just for Him" Challenge #14.
    Please play with us again!!

    Love, Laura
    PCJDT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super card, and i love the matching envelope, thanks for playing along with us @ the artistic stamper challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for playing at The Artistic Stamper challenge ;)
    especially like the envelope, great images on your hot colour card.
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  9. So coolt!!!

    Thank for participating in the Alota Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool! Love the tag clock!! Thanks for playing with us at Desert Island Crafters' this week :) Good luck!
    CYndi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.