Friday, July 1, 2011

Christmas in July Stampsmith Challenge

Happy Friday, Everyone!
And Happy July too.  It is the first of the month and that always means a new Stampsmith Challenge!  The new theme is:
CHRISTMAS
Since it is the first of the month, this challenge is open to any stamp manufacturer! 
Link your Christmas creation over at the Challenge blog  to be eligible for the $10 gift certificate drawing.
The winner will be announced on the 15th.
I have a little inspiration to get you started.  I did use a Stampsmith stamp on my Design Team project.


This image is from the Lucy Full Sheet available from The Stampsmith Shop.  The image was stamped with black dye ink on glossy white CS.  I layered the image with red and green CS from Ac Cardstock.  The green and red DP is from K & Company, the silver glitter paper is from Anna Griffin.  I punched the snowflakes from the silver glitter paper  using a Stampin' Up punch.

 Well, I thought they both looked like they weren't gettin' nothin' for Christmas.  Remember on the I love Lucy show how Lucy and Ethel were always getting into some kind of mischief?  Judging from the expressions on their faces, I think they were caught in  some silly scheme again.


Here a couple close ups for you.  There is a rectangle of the green DP under the main image.  The circles were punched with a Mary punch from the K & Company DP.  I layered the circles under the main image and placed a snowflake in the center of each circle.   I computer generated the sentiment in Word and printed it out on white CS.





On the inside, I layered the green polka dot and striped papers.  I punched one circle and one snowflake.  The Sentiment is from Hampton Arts.



Okay, so lets see what you can come up.  Remember, you can use any stamp for this challenge.
And, how about a few more challenges just for fun?
Crafty Secrets: Christmas
Just For Fun: Anything goes
Creative Craft World: Christmas
Mark's Finest: Sparkle
Christmas Card: Die Cuts
Have a great day and get going on some Christmas Cheer!!  Love ya!
Karen

17 comments:

  1. Loving this great blast from the past some one is going to rock with laughter at Christmas with this card. Thank you for sharing with us at Just for Fun, hope we see you again. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Thanks for playing along with us at the CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My God I used to watch Lucy when I was a kid. Fab Christmas card and very clever indeed, just live it

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab! thanks for sharing at Crafty sentiments hugs rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a cute card! Just love it!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Lucy, what a great way to use this image!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun and fabulous your retro Christmas card is. The image is so nostalgic and one that everyone recognizes and relates too. Wonderfully done. Thanks so much for playing along in Speedy's Friends Challenge. It is a pleasure to visit and see your work. Hope you can play with us again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fab card - the recipient will love it I'm sure

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely papers you have used on this fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant...I used to love Lucy when i was younger , thanks for the memory :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, love the image & the sentiment is perfect!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. How FUN, I have a friend who is an I Love Lucy nut, She would go crazy over this!!!
    Hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun card - thanks for sharing with us at JFF - Hugs, Neet

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Ah this is super,made me laugh lots then agree, what a great Christmas Card, thanks for playing on Crafty Sentiments this week, Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute !!!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Craft World for our Christmas in June challenge...
    Sorry i am late with my comment
    Choccy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.