Thursday, July 14, 2011

Third Coast Creative Coterie First Post

Hi Everyone!
This is my first post for the Third Coast Creative Coterie.  That is a fancy name for the design team.  We have all been busy crafting away.  Check my side bar for all the Creative Coterie members' links.   And find more  inspiration on the Third Coast Blog.  For my projects I have used a stamp named "Doireann Dancing".  I was playing around with reflection stamping and thought this image would be really great for this technique.  In the first card, I was envisioning ladies in a pink ballroom dancing to beautiful music.  The ladies are totally wrapped up in the music and the dance.

Materials List:
Doireann Dances Stamp- Third Coast Rubber Stamps
Watercolor Crayons
CS: Blushing Bride, Rose Red- Stampin' Up; Textured Wine- The Paper Company; Glossy White
Ink: Jet Black -Stazon; Perfect Plumeria-VersaMagic
Stamp-a-ma-Jig: the plastic sheet
Pink Ribbon
White Pearls
Pink Pearls

Instructions:

Make card from Blushing Bride CS.  Layer with pieces of Rose Red and Textured Wine CS cut slightly smaller.  Stamp the first image on Glossy White CS favoring the right side using the Jet Black Stazon ink. 
To Make Reflection image:
Stamp the image with Stazon ink on the Clear Plastic Sheet that comes with the Stamp-a-ma-jig.    Flip the Plastic Sheet over so that the inked side is facing down towards the CS.  Press the Plastic Sheet on the glossy white CS favoring the Left side.  You should now have two dancing images facing each other.
Color the images with Watercolor Crayons blending the colors with fingertip.  No water needed.  Add the Perfect Pulmeria ink to the Glossy White CS using the Distressing tool.  Add lots of ink and blend well.  Tie a bow in wide Pink Ribbon using a piece about 20 inches long.  Wrap the ends of the bow around the front of the card to the inside and glue.  Add five Pink Pearls in each lower corner and nine smaller White Pearls along the bottom edge.  


And, of course, I will give you a peek at the inside.



I think I will save the second Reflection card for next time.  I will post it in a few days.

And, My Pink Ballroom Card is entered in the 
Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Anything Goes

Tomorrow  a new Challenge theme will be posted for the Stampsmith Challenge.  I will have my DT card all ready to inspire you.   Sure seems like it has been a busy week.  I have only made one card all week.  My goodness!!  I am going thru withdrawal.  I will finish up my accounting work for the week today.  Then I can get back in my studio and create.  Take some time to do a little stamping today.  Love ya.
Karen

6 comments:

  1. How beautiful, I love the dancing girls, makes me want to go dancing myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card. I love the concept of them being so caught up in the music that they just had to dance.

    Cool technique. I'll have to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is lovely and so is your technique! Did you know in Mexico if there aren't enough of either males or females to go around when dancing, it is totally acceptable to dance with the same sex? I found that really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen. Love your blog! Thanks for stopping by mine during the Flair & Frills Blog Hop. I hope you'll be back soon. I just signed up t follow you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.