Saturday, July 16, 2011

Graduation Cards

Hello Dear Blogging Friends.
Here I am back again today with the Graduation cards I promised to show you.  I used the same stamps on each card, but they are quite different.  The large sentiment is from Stampendous  and the smaller (on the inside of cards ) is from Inkadinkado.  (Thanks to my stamping buddy, Chris, for lending these stamps to me.)  Here is the first card.


I stamped the sentiment on White CS; cut and embossed with the Spellbinders die.  Leave the die in place.  Now apply the distress inks.  Remove the die and you will have that nice white border.    The background is white CS that has distress ink (Tim Holtz-Ranger)  applied to it and then dry embossed with a Tim Holtz embossing folder.  Add a little more distress ink after dry embossing.  The Layers are made with Not Quite Navy (Stampin' Up).  Here is a close up.


And, here is the inside.  I just applied the distress inks and stamped the sentiment.


The second card has a music theme.  The grad that will receive this card is an avid musician.  Same stamps were used in this card.  I stamped on some DP from DCWV.   I found this paper in my stash with the music theme and thought it was perfect for this grad.


I cut two rectangles of the DP and layered them on  brown and then  teal CS.   I added some twine.  I wanted to keep both of these cards masculine.  Here is the inside of this card.


I stamped the smaller sentiment and used the same DP from DCWV.    I only needed two grad cards this year.

A few fun Challenges for my Grad Cards
Crafts 4 Eternity: Embelly recipe-1,2,3 of something-One card one, I used1ribbon, 2 tags, 3 large silver pearls
The Stamp Man:Anything by Tim-I used a Tim Holtz Texture Fade on card 1 and Distress inks on both cards.
The Rubber Cafe: use Spellbinders
Amber's crafts and stuff: Embossing
Crafty Creations: boyz to men-both cards are for male graduates.


Okay, well that's all for now.  Have a great weekend.  Love ya.
Karen

9 comments:

  1. Really pretty, Karen. I love the bow, textured BG, and the sentiment and die cut for it is fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely Gratuations card:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous creations!! Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards and love the embossing !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two great cards, love the design and colours. Thanks for taking part in my challenge at Crafty Creations this week. Good Luck! Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2 great cards. Great use of the texture fade. Thanks for joining us in the Stamp Man Fortnightly challenge and have a great day. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful cards! Thanks for playing the Crafty Creations challenge!
    smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards! Thanks for joining us at C4E this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.