Wednesday, July 13, 2011

CAS Blue Bird Card

Hi Everyone!
Another CAS with window all occasion card today.

 I cut and embossed the window in Bordering Blue CS (Stmapin' Up) with a Spellbinders die.  I used  a cocoa colored CS for the card base.  The bird (Stampin' Up) was stamped with black ink on white CS and watercolored.   I purchased this Stampin' Up set last year because I thought I could not live without it.  LOL.  Well, it sat there for about a year and I kept thinking I really needed to use it.  So, finally, I got it out and stamped away.  It really is a nice image and I don't know why it took me so long to use it.  Crazy!  Here is a close up.


Challenges for My CAS Blue Bird Card:
Mark's Finest: use a die cut for the background
Stamping Scrapping Challenges central: Make it simple
Sweet Stampin: cute and cuddly
Clear It Out: Wings
Use It Tuesday: animals
Simon Says Stamp:anything goes
Art Impressions: Birds
Just a quick post.  I hope you are enjoying these all occasion cards.  I have a  few more that I will share with you over the next few weeks.

Tomorrow I will be back with my first Third Coast Creative Coterie (Design Team) post.  I was playing around with "reflection" stamping and have something interesting for you using a Third Coast Stamp.   See you then!  Love ya.
Karen

13 comments:

  1. The bird is so cute!! Nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh what a pretty card, thanks for joining us at Clear IT Out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, your little bird is such a cutie! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the octagonal window that frames the bird! Simple, but beautiful : )

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card, thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin this week. Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is pretty...love image and coloured beautifully. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

    fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! Love the bird and how you colored it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty and the bird is really cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute. What a sweet little bird. Such a cute card. Thanks for playing at Speedy's Friends Challenge. It is a pleasure to visit and see your work. Hope to see you again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a darling bird! Thanks for joining us at the Art Impressions challenge. Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet and simple card... really puts the focus on the pretty bird. Thank you for joining us at Use It Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Love that used that old set and entered it in our challenge! Thanks for playing with Use It Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.