Thursday, August 5, 2010

Roaring Twenties Inspired Card

Hi Everyone,
I took a couple days off and had a break. I did not do any card making at all yesterday. So, now I feel refreshed and ready to get back at it. I finished up some difficult submissions and feel good about them. So, off they go to the magazines. Saturday, Chris, Sharon and I are heading out to the Heirloom Stamp Convention in Novi, Michigan. Can't wait!!! I have been saving up my mad money for months. I am going to see what I can find in Copics. I really need to flush out my collection. Should be lots of fun. Well, back to the card for today. I was totally inspired by the Stamping Vacation Inspiration Station Challenge. ( I was selected to be part of their new Design Team: see previous post.) Here is the image:

I just love 20's and 30's style fashions. And, I had the perfect stamp for this inspiration. I decided to go pretty collagey with this one. And, I added some vellum, fabric and beads. I am kind of going thru a bead thing lately. I have all these gorgeous beads just sitting there looking all lonely....so, I thought what the heck I need to start using them again. I used to use them on garments. A little beading on a collar really made the garment special. Here is the card.

Materials List:
Stamps: So Diva Clear Stamp Set from Hampton Arts, Dress Dummy from Inkadinkado, Misty Swirl Pattern from Hero Arts.

Inks: Perfect Plum and Elegant Eggplant from Stampin' Up.

Card Stock and Plum Paper: Anna Griffin.


I made the background paper by sponging Plum ink on white CS and then stamping the Misty Swirl stamp. I then stamped the Lady in darker ink over the background. I repeated the same procedure in a piece of vellum. I tore the vellum into strips, layered over the original image, and stapled them to the card. This is a pretty "jazzy" card, I think. I jazzed up the inside too:


Other Super Sweet challenges this cards qualifies for:

Totally Paper Crafts-Going to the Movies...The Great Gatsby

All Sorts Challenge-All dressed up

Simon Says Stamp Challenge-Song Title....Ain't Misbehaving (Fats Waller) as preformed by Louis Armstrong. [My husband is a jazz musician and loves Louis.]


Well, that's it for me today. Have a great day!


Karen





3 comments:

  1. Hi Karen
    beautiful card, fabulous design, thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab cards, really pretty
    Thanks for joining my challenge at ALLSORTS this week,
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, you were right. This is the perfect stamp for this challenge! Love your card! I find collages difficult but you did a wonderful job with it! Love the color on color! I have been bitten with the bead bug too! What is it about those little things? Did you notice I used seed beads on the card I did for this challenge? :)

    Thank you so much for your participation in the challenge. I am so happy to have you as a design team member!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.