Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Asian Poppy with Faux Linen

Hello and good morning,
I have been in my studio working away. I did do all my housey things yesterday and got a lot done. I will continue to do a few things today so the housework does not get out of hand. So, back to the good stuff. Oh wait, need coffee. Yes, much better. Okay, so I got started on this Faux Linen technique yesterday. Instructions for the tech are on the Split Coast Stampers web site ( this is a direct link to the instructions). It is a pretty cool tech and I had all the necessary materials. I also wanted to pair the tech with an Asian theme (Because my new bud, Lorraine, and fellow Design team member at Stamping Vacation also designs for the One Stop Craft challenge - links below). Here is the finished card.



If you follow the instructions on SCS, you won't have any trouble. Just make sure that the pigment ink is completely dry before sanding. (I used my heat gun on it.) And, use really really course sand paper.


Materials List:
Glossy White CS - you need this to make the linen look.
Stamps: Asian Poppy - Hampton Arts
Pigment Ink: Cherry Cobbler and More Mustard - Stampin' Up.
Dye Ink: Vintage Photo- Ranger.
CS: Taupe - Bazzill, Burgundy Textured - DCWV, Black - Stampin' Up.
DP: Basic Grey - Recess Collection and Boxer Collection.
Kangi Paper: from a decoupage book
Dragon Fly: Sizzix die
Accents: Chinese Coin, Two broken earrings- I knew they would come in handy!, and Pearls.
Sand Paper


I added some detail photos and you can really see the linen look in them.


This card qualifies for some really neat Challenges. They are:

One Stop Craft Challenge - Oriental theme

Corrosive Challenges by Janet- Use a faux Technique

Creatalicioush Challenges - Vintage

Stamping Vacation - Very Vintage: Faded

Basic Grey Challenges - Use BG paper and pearls

I really like how this faux linen tech looks. And, if you know me, you know that I made more than one. I will share another one with in the next post. Oh, I feel so hap hap happy today. I hope you do too. Talk to you soon!!

Karen

7 comments:

  1. OMG Karen this is absolutely top notch, wow, it looks like some very ancient relic that is very expensive, that faux linen technique is brilliant and I can tell that you are excited by it lol. The stamping along with the coins and chain looks superb. Wow I am in awe of your work, I am so proud to be working with you at SV.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That linin look is sooooooo cool!! Never seen that before! Will have to check out the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh such wonderful textures and colours!!

    Thanks for playing at one stop xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovin these linen cards and your embellies are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous creation. Thanks for joining us at the OSCC this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving this! Thanks so much for the instructions! It is perfect with the whole feel of your card! The embellies are a wonderful compliment to the Asian theme. Terrific!

    Thanks so much for playing along with Stamping Vacation's challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi
    wow this is an amazing project, thanks for ljoining us at Creatalicious.
    Hugs Kaylou xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.