Thursday, August 26, 2010

Time Machine Challenge at Stamping Vacation

Hi Everyone,

Strap on your goggles and take a ride in the Time Machine at Stamping Vacation challenge blog. This challenge requires you to go back in time to the year 1981.

Now, I have been told by some of my fellow Design Team Members, that this is the year they were born. Aren't they SWEET. I, on the other hand, remember 1981 very well. Denise, our Design Team Leader, says that is the year that the word "INTERNET" was first mentioned. And, it is also the year the first PC came out!! Wow, computers really haven't been around that long. And now they are such a big part of our lives.

So, the challenge is to create something based on that fact or anything you can up with from 1981!

This challenge is due by September 26Th.

All entries qualify toward the monthly gift certificate drawing!


A $25 certificate to
7 Kids College Fund.


7 Kids College fund is an online store with tons of your favorite brands and all your stamping and crafting needs.


I have to tell you that in 1981 I was not thinking about computers. I was busy having fun. That was the year I turned 21. And, one of the things I remember about about that time was the fun clothes we wore. Does anyone remember leggings and ankle boots? I do. Here is my Design Team card (my first for the Team, by the way!). I call this card 1981 Fashion Icon. LOL




The good old days....when you could get your entire wardrobe from the Salvation Army and the Army Surplus store. Oh, then pick up some Danskin tights and leotards and you were all set. And, how we loved the vintage bags we would find in thrift stores and flea markets. Life was good. I used the bright colors that I remember from that time period.


I paper pieced the dress and colored in the rest with markers. I used a cotton ball to add the plum ink to the main image background. Added DP and sheer ribbons.


Materials List:


Stamps: Stamps Happen


Ink: Black Stazon; Lulu Lavender and Sweet Plum from Memento


Markers: Lulu Lavender and Sweet Plum from Memento, Cocoa Brown from Crayola.


Eyelet Edge Punch from Stampin' Up


DP: K & Company


CS: Plum and Bright Blue


Sheer Ribbons, Pearl Stickers,


Other challenges for 1981 Fashion Icon:

Simon Says Stamp Challenge: paper piecing

Colour Create Challenge: Lilac, Yellow, and Green

Hope you liked your trip in the Time Machine. What can you come up with!!

Have a great day!

Love Ya,

Karen

8 comments:

  1. haha fantastic image!!! I love the colors too! Great compilation :)

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Karen so love the image and colours great work hun.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous interpretation of 80's fashion Karen and I love your 'happy' memories!!!
    Fantastic image, wonderful colours and just brilliant paper piecing.
    So glad you could join in the Simon Says Stamp challenge.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Karen and enjoyed your trip down memory lane ,,I am is the same era as you :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Karen. Love the way the colours blend together. You've really used the colours so well. Love the image too.
    Thanks for joining us at the Colour Create Challenge,
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is stunning! Love the soft colors you used! Hugs, Karen

    P.S. If you love challenges you are sure to love my new blog: www.felineplayful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super fun card! The image is so cute! You made me smile with your fun post about the 80s. Oh the good ole days!!!
    Thanks so much for joining Colour Create this time around! I hope you enjoyed the color combo!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.