Sunday, August 15, 2010

New Simon Says Vintage Challenge blog

Hello Crafting Friends,
Hey, Simon Says Stamps started a second Challenge blog called Simon Says Stamp & Show. It has a more vintage feel which is right up my alley. This week is their first challenge. I used one of my new stamps from Lost Coast Designs for this challenge card. The Simon Says theme is "Winged Things". Perfect theme for my new Flying Ballerina stamp. I used the sketch #26 from the Critter Challenge blog


And I was also inspired by a photo from the Etsy Inspired Challenge. The Etsy shop hosting this week is Lover Dover's. The shop sells all kinds of beautiful handmade aprons and little girl's dresses. Here is the item that inspired my card. It is the Princess Pink tutu. Isn't it sweet!!!

Of course my card uses lots of pinks, and rose colored paper and ink. I stamped the image in basic Gray ink (SU) and distressed with Tattered Rose and Fired Brick (Ranger). I stamped a second image and punched a circle and attached it over the original image. Spray with Smooch ink - brown and Shimmer Mist - pink. Layer with black CS (SU). A piece of DP (SU) was dry embossed and distressed with Vintage Photo (Ranger). Just put it all together on the card and add a Tulle bow and some paper roses.


I added a detail shot too. You can see the punched circle and the dry embossing really well in the detail shot.


This card also qualifies for the Wings theme at the Stampotique Desingers Challenge blog.

I think this is such a sweet image. Although the little Ballerina's expression is rather on the grumpy side. What do you think?? LOL. I heading over to the Stamping Vacation challenge blog to see what's cooking. Today is the premier of the New Design Team. Which includes your truly. Have a great day!

14 comments:

  1. This is really lovely Karen ... I LOVE that stamp and your spot light technique looks fabulous! Thank you so much for joining the team at Simon Says Stamp and Show for our very first challenge ... we hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Karen this is absolutely stunning I adore the vintage style something I admire so much in other crafters work but find it difficult to capture the look myself. That image and your design is just perfect.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card! I love the embossed panel and your spotlight technique. Thanks for playing the Critter Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible detail on this card. It is a stunner! And she does look a little sullen. Wonder if she's thinking 'does this tutu make my bum look big?" Wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS! Your card is so gorgeous and perfect for your inspiration from Lover Dovers!

    Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SOOOOOO beautiful!!! I am loving your card!! Beautiful image and spraying technique!! What an amazing design for this week's shop! Thanks for playing EIC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the fun texture of the tulle ... wonderful inspired design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh she is absolutely darling! Love the tulle and the roses. Thanks for joining us at CSCB and SDC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely and wonderful card, Karen. Great colours! Thanks for joining us at SDC # 13.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a lovely card, I love all the little details. Than ks for joining us at SDC x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty card and lots of interesting details! Thanks for joining us at Stampotiques!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing shading, misting and distressing! Thanks so much for playing with us at Etsy Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful...love the distressed, shaded look you achieved! Thank you for joining us over at Stampotique this week,
    :)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.