Thursday, August 12, 2010

A No No Bird Challenge Card

Hi Everyone,
I think I am recuperated from the busy weekend and ready to get back to work. I had to catalog all my new unmounted stamps and put them in binders. And, my Stampin' Up order came last night! Woohoo! I am as happy as a bunny in a clover field! I have a challenge card for you today. Over at Stamping Vacation Challenge Blog they are having a NO NO challenge. This weeks theme is NOT to use brads or eyelets. I found this easy enough. Now, if it had been not to use a bird, I may have had some difficulties. (Don't forget to stop over at Stamping Vacation and become a follower, and mention my name in the comments.) I used my trusty Stampin' Up bird punch for this card. I started with some shell pink CS. I punched the bird from DP. I used a Stampin' up flower stamp and stamped on white CS, colored, cut out and attached to a piece of torn Pink paper. Added the bird and a square of torn DP. Before attaching to the card, I sprayed with Brown Smooch and Pink Shimmer Mist. When dry, it was attached to the card.

Other Superb Challenges this card qualifies for:

Craft Your Days Away - Favorite Things...I think you know my fav things right now are bird images.

Crafty Ann Challenge Blog - Lazy days of summer

Sweet Stampin Challenges - Pink

Embellish Magazine - Use the colors Pink, Brown, Green and add a Bird

By the Cute And Girly - Animals

Well, I have to get back to organizing all my new toys. Hope everyone is having a super great day.

Love ya, Karen

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful Karen! Thank ou for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your ink spotted background - it's perfect with that dainty bird and flower. Wonderful!

    Thanks for playing along with the Embellish challenge this week - wasn't it super? I've been really excited about being their sponsor and I have one more give away on my personal blog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the torn edge! and the bird is beautiful:) Thank you for joining us over at BTC&G and good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. sos simple yet so effective! great card...Thanks for playing at sweet stamping xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card love the colours too thanks for playing at CYDA

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooohhh I love this Karen, the simplicity is beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Days Away for our first challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen, the simplicity of this design is just awesome! I love the background paper! The bird papers are terrific together and the flowers look wonderful! The teared edges are a great touch to this card! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card Karen, love the simplicity to it, definately less is more, the speckled background is fab.

    Thanks for joining us for our 1st Challenge over at CYDA.

    Hugs

    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable! :) So glad you joined us for the Embellish Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a pretty card -thanks for sharing with us at BY the cute and girly
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that background! Your card is so pretty! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a pretty card...thanks for joining us at BTC&G...Debs x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.