Sunday, August 15, 2010

Impression Obsession goes Get Sketchy

Hi Kids,
Another post today. Boy, I'm on a roll. I have been making cards like crazy. Unfortunately, I have been neglecting other things. Like housework - Yuk. Well, I have set aside tomorrow to do lots of housey stuff. This week is the Thursday Challenge at Impression Obsession. The theme is "Simple Stamping - Less Embellishments". I used an IO stamp called Silhouette 18. I used sketch #51 from the Get Sketchy blog for the layout.


I was inspired by the photo and color scheme from the Embellish Magazine challenge. The theme is also clean and simple.

This is a very nice color combo - Sea Foam, Kraft, Peach, and Cream. Very relaxing and soothing. Here is my interpretation of the challenges.

I stamped the image with Versa Mark and embossed with clear embossing powder from Stampendous on Awesome Aqua CS from WorldWin and layered with Kraft CS. The cream CS is dry embossed with a Cuttlebug folder. The card is made of Aqua Stadium from Making Memories and then layered with Awesome Aqua. I added a few pearl accents from Kaisercraft. The Sentiment is Three Little Words from Stampin' Up and stamped in Cameo Coral.

Here is the detail photo. The cream CS looks truer to it real color in the detail photo. It is a little yellow in the full shot.
Well, I guess I had better quit for today. This day really flew by. Have a great day!

Karen

8 comments:

  1. Hi Karen I wanted to come over and thank you for your lovely comment you left on my blog. I love the Oriental theme so much and I have been having a look at your work it is gorgeous I so love your style so much so I have become a follower so I can visit often.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those beautiful colors and great pearl addition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card! The little pearls are the perfect finishing touch. Very classy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such soothing colors! really lovely.

    Thanks for your comments on AO. You had asked about the ruffles, They are made from crept paper, the kind you use for streamers. TFA
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely with those perfectly placed pearls. Not sure if we've been introduced, but it is certainly nice to meet a fellow Stamping Vacation DT member.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love the embossed image! And the texturer...and the aqua cs. Thanks so much for joining the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning! I love the colors and the simplicity!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card! What a beautiful way to use the embellish challenge! Thanks so much for playing along with us! Hugs from Denmark!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.