Happy Monday! I picked up a set of Tim Holtz stamps the other day and had time over the weekend to get some stamping done. I made a set of gift tags with a sewing theme. I made five in total and will be showing you two today and the other three in the next post.
I started with one of the backgrounds I made the other day and just started stamping. ( See how versatile the stamped backgrounds are!? I always like to keep a stack of them handy. Click here to see the whole stack.)
I used cream, kraft, and white CS for all the tags. Here is a photo of the whole group after the stamping part, but before any trimming or cutting into tag shape.
Here is the group all finished with lots of ribbons, fabric scraps, feathers, pearls, and rick rack!
We will be taking a closer look at the Red tag with Feathers and the Green tag today.
Stamps: Seamless Experience - Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous
Rose Lace Cover-a-Card-Impression Obsession
Inks: Black Archival, Pink Pigment, Mushroom Adirondack, Antique Linen Distress Ink
Embellishments:Ribbons, fabric scraps, feathers, pearls, flower, twine, rick rack
The first gift tag is on a folded card. This can be attached to a gift bag or package and the To and From written on the inside. Size is 3.25" x 5.34"
- Stamp the Rose Lace Cover-a-Card with pink pigment ink on cream CS
- Cut to size
- Stamp the dress form with black Archival ink
- To add the cording punch two holes through all layers (see photo below)
- Tie cording through holes
- Add the embellishments
Back of gift tag card
Size: 3.50" x 6.25"
- Stamp the dress form with Mushroom Adirondack ink on Cream CS
- Stamp the zig zag stitch and thread spool top with other shades of green inks
- Distress with Antique Linen DI
- Layer with two shades of green CS
- Punch a hole in the upper left corner through all layers
- Tie a piece of wide striped ribbon through hole leaving some slack
- Tie pieces of fabric and ribbons onto the wide striped ribbon
Think how fun these tags would be on a special gift package!! Or, you could just write a note on the back and send as a card! Such fun. These were so fun to make that I could not stop!! I will share the other three in detail in my next post.
**********Challenges for my Dress Form tag Set:
Avenue 613:stitching faux or real
That Craft Place: stitching
Pile it On: no DP
Cheerful Stamp pad: Your choice
Paper Playtime: pearls
Simon's Wednesday Challenge: monochromatic---Green tag
Rhedd and Rosies: use red
So, I hope you are having a great Monday. Had the official inspection on the new air conditioning unit this morning. See, I told you I am catching up on all those little things that did not get done while my husband was off sick for 10 weeks. Dentist on Thursday. Not sure what I will set up for the week after. Maybe a hair cut. See you soon with the other tags. Love ya.