How is your week going? This week seemed to slip by me and here we are at Thursday already. So, I thought I have better get something posted--for your viewing pleasure!! Today, I would like to share a Gatefold Birthday card I made for a friend. I used lots of pretty papers, punches, and a couple stamps.
DP from K & Company
Floral stamp from Stampin' Up
Sentiments from A Muse Studios
Punches: Circle (Marvy) Flower and Border (Stampin' Up)
Ink: Marvelous Magenta--(a retired SU color you may have in your stash. It perfectly matched the CS color)
CS: dark rose--shared by a friend--I think it may be by Colorbox
- Start by cutting the card base 8.5 x 5.5" I used a dark rose colored CS for my base.
- Score at 2 1/8 and 6 3/8" --this will make a 2 1/8" flap on each end.
- Fold in the flaps using a bone folder
- Cut two coordinating decorative papers 5 1/2 x 2 1/8" to cover the two flaps
- Punch a strip of CS (the same as the card base) with a border punch and glue to top flap
- Wrap two lengths of ribbon around upper flap and tie in knots
- Stamp Happy Birthday on lower corner
- Stamp Flower and punch out
- Punch a circle from a third coordinating DP and layer with punched flower
- Add flower to upper flap with dimensionals letting the flower hang over the upper flap edge
- This is what the card looks like unfolded from the inside
- Repeat the DP papers on the inside
- I stamped a partial image of the flower and another sentiment
A very feminine Birthday card --who would not love getting this in the mail??!! And, the special fold makes it a bit more interesting.
********A few fun Challenges:
C is for Challenge: flowers
Aud Sentiments: two word sentiment
Crafting with dragonflies: unusual folded card
Lady Annes: monochromatic
Little Red Wagon: monochromatic
Penny's Challenge: think pink
Songbird : ribbon
Through the craftroom door: anything goes
So, I think I will post more bug themed cards tomorrow. I have quite a few left you have not seen. Stay tuned for that! Hope you are having a great day!! Love ya.