I am back today continuing the girlie cards here in Dreamland. And, this is the second project I made with the new stamp from Lost Coast Designs --50's Girl. (See the first project here.) This time I used a red and brown color scheme and added lots of fun red gingham ribbon--very Fifties!!
Inks: Red Pepper Adirondack, Coffee Archival
Distress Inks: Aged Mahogany and Pumice Stone
CS: Backed Brown Sugar and Cream from Stampin' Up; Textured Wine; Black
Red Gingham ribbon
Brown Satin Ribbon
Needle and Thread
- Make a card from the Textured wine CS and layer with Baked Brown Sugar CS
- On Baked Brown Sugar (Kraft) CS, stamp the Rulers Background with Red Pepper ink and distress with the distress inks.
- Stamp 50's Girl on Cream CS with Coffee ink
- Add a little bit of Aged Mahogany Distress ink to the dress.
- Add a strip of Black CS and the brown ribbon to make a "shelf" for the girl to sit on
- Stamp the sentiment and layer with wine CS--add to card
- Tie a bow with the red gingham ribbon leaving very long tails.
- Gather the tails by running stitches along the top edge of each tail --pull the thread to gather.
- Add a piece of the brown ribbon tied around the gingham bow
- Make a ruffle for the bottom of the card by stitching along the top edge of a strip of ribbon.
- Pull the stitches to gather the ribbon and glue to card --Looks like she is sitting on a ruffled sofa-Doesn't it??!!
The red gingham really reminds me of the fifties. And, I think it matches the 50's Girl's dress. LOL. This makes a great birthday card too. Wouldn't it be cute to wrap a small gift in gingham fabric??!! And tie with the ribbon. Yes, that would be cute.
********Challenges for my Gingham 50's Girl:
Artistic Inspiration: celebrations
Craftin Desert Diva: birthday
Creative Creations: anything goes
Eureka Stamps: anything goes
I do have a few more girlie cards to share with you. So, I will be back soon with something all pretty and in soft colors....... Hope you are having a great day!! Love ya.