Since I have been working so hard in my yard/garden, I was thinking a nice vacation by the sea would be just what I needed. Well, I don't think I will be going anytime soon. LOL! But, I can make some Beach inspired projects!! I picked up a new stamp set called Beach Babes from Rogue Redhead Designs. I could not wait to try out these fun stamps. I made a bunch of mini "Scraplings". A Scrapling is a folded card that measures 1.5 x 4.25 inches (See Rogue Redhead challenge here) Take a look at my Beachy Keen minis.
Let's look at them in close up view:
- All stamping was done with Rich Cocoa ink from Memento.
- The two little darlings were colored with Copic Markers.
- I added a narrow ribbon and tiny pearls.
- I used a soft green CS for the folded base with a layer of baby blue CS.
- I stamped the border stamps on white CS and distressed with Antique Linen and Pumice Stone Distress ink.
- I stamped the sentiment and added a sheer ribbon
- The cranes are colored with watercolor markers.
- Distress edges with Forest Moss and Antique Linen inks
- Add narrow ribbons and tiny pearls
- Die cut images and distress edges
- I added some small scale DP on two of the cards.
These minis were really fun to make. And, as their name "Scraplings" implies, I was able to use papers and CS from my scrap basket. I think the mini cards would be great on top of a package or tucked in a small gift bag. Or, I could make a few envelopes to fit the cards and hand deliver. Aren't they just so cute!??
Challenges for my Beachy Keen Mini Cards
Rogue Redhead Designs: Scraplings or Moos--mini cards
Crafting Musketeers: pearls and ribbon
Cupcake Craft: anything but square.
Incy Wincy: summer lovin'
City Crafter: cooling colors
Paper take weekly : anything goes
We have been having lots of rainy weather here in good old Michigan, USA. I snapped this photo of a rainbow the other day. Pretty!
I have more summer themed cards to share with you over the next few weeks. The bug cards I mentioned will be posted soon. I also have two super cute Summer Mice cards coming up. Lots of summer fun!!! I hope you are having a great day! Love ya.