Today, we will take a trip back in time to the 1950's with with fun new stamp from Lost Coast Design called 50's Girl! I had fun with this new stamp and made two projects. I will share the Pink and Turquoise version today and tomorrow the Red gingham version. As we all know, turquoise was "the" color in the fifties....so of course I had to incorporate that color into my design.
Stamps: 50's Girl , Circle Frame (used for the background), and Party Words, all from Lost Coast Designs
CS: Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, and Pixie Pink from Stampin' Up; Glossy Black; Solar White Neenah
Inks: Tempting Turquoise (SU);Versafine Black Onyx
Pink Pirouette Marker (SU)
Pink rick rack
Bright Pink Sharpie Marker
- Make a folded card from Tempting Turquoise CS
- Stamp Circle Frame with Tempting Turquoise ink on Whisper White CS and layer with Pixie Pink CS
- Add to card front
- Stamp the 50's Girl with Onyx Black ink on Solar White Neenah CS
- Color the dress with Pink Pirouette Marker
- Add to card with dimensional adhesive
- Stamp the Sentiment with Tempting Turquoise ink on Pixie Pink CS
- Color white pearls with a Bright Pink Sharpie Marker and add to card
- Glue two pieces of pink rick rack to the stamped background
- Wrap black gingham ribbon around card and tie in a bow
Isn't this a fun card!! Who wouldn't love to get this on their birthday??!! You could wrap the gift or use a gift bag in coordinating colors.
******Fun Challenges for my Turquoise and Pink Fifties Girl:
Crafts Too Challenge You: pick your Decade---I picked the 1950's ---and add lots of layers
Sister Act: anything goes
365 Cards : just a touch (of coloring on image)
So, see you next time with the second version of my 50's Girl!! Have a super day! Love ya.