Monday, May 10, 2010

Wee Memories Stitching Challenge

Good Afternoon Crafty People,
Another Challenge today.
This one is taking place over at Wee Memories. Jenny decided to make the theme "Stitching" which is great for me as I love to sew. I found a cute fabric with a giraffe print in my stash. I haven't quilted anything in awhile so I thought the giraffe would look sweet all hand quilted. I layered the fabric with some dense thin batting and hand quilted it with quilting thread. I cut out the fabric with pinking shears and attached it to a card made with Close To Cocoa CS (SU). I die cut a frame (Sizzix) from some DP (K&Company) and secured it to the fabric piece with photo stickers. I added a Stampin' Up sentiment, ribbon and some buttons. I took a couple of stitches through the buttons and card stock to help hold the fabric piece to the card.
Is it too much sewing?? I'll let you decide.

Hope your day is lovely.

Karen

4 comments:

  1. Too cute ... love it!! thanks for playing!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did for the stitching challenge! this is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling! I love the giraffe and all the stitching:) really cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card. I don't think it is too much stitching. I love how you stitched the giraffe and wrapped him in ribbon! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.