Saturday, May 8, 2010

Impression Obsession Thursday Challenge

Hi Craft Buddies,
I finally finished up my card for the Impression Obsession Thursday Challenge. This week's theme is to use an Impression Obsession stamp in an unconventional way. I used the Espresso stamp. This is what the stamped image looks like:
I turned the image upside down and used the steam as flower stems.
The image was stamped with black ink. I applied color to the background with the direct to paper technique - with Bashful Blue ( Stampin' Up) and New Sprout (Mememto) ink pads on white CS. I layered with Pear Wine Sorbet DP (Cloud 9 Design), Bashful Blue and Certainly Celery CS (Stampin' Up). I arranged some Felt Flowers from Stampin' Up at the top of the image. I added a few buttons from my stash and a pretty bow (Ribbon- Certainly Celery from Stampin' Up.
Well, I have to get going. Have company right now and have to get some dinner going.
Happy Mother's Day to everyone!
Karen

3 comments:

  1. This is sooo adorable!! Sooo love it!! Hope you can play this week in my challenge... I posted a new one today. And I will have some awesome prizes coming up in the next few challenges!! :) :) :) :) :) :) Happy Mothers Day to you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you can use any stamps just as long as you incorporate stitching into your project... you can even use a stitching stamp or gel pen :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this one so much! you are so creative...^_^
    nice to know you karen ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.