Thursday, May 20, 2010

Simon Says Stamps Challenge

Hi Everyone,
This week at Simon Says Stamps Challenge is this cute sketch.
Check it out:

I have been wanting to try out a new Hero Arts stamp I purchased the other day. It is called Flower Medley (K5361). I thought it would be great for this sketch because of the central area for a motif. So, I got the stamp out and played round with it and different inks. This is what I came up with using the sketch from Simon Says Stamps.

Here is the materials list:

Flower Medley Stamp from Hero Arts

Card Stock: Certainly Celery, Brilliant Blue from Stampin' Up, White

Decorative Paper: Crate Paper (love, love, love this paper)

Inks: Brilliant Blue from SU, Wild Lime from Vivid!

Other: corner rounder, Tulle, Glossy Accents from Ranger

Here is a detail photo so y0u can see the accent pieces.


To make the card, I applied the Lime ink to the bottom half of the stamp and Brilliant Blue to the top. Then stamped on white cs. I inked the edges of the piece and layered it with Brilliant Blue cs. I made a second image the same way and punch two different sized circles ( three total). I positioned the circles on the card front and covered them with Glossy Accents. And, added some tulle of course. You gots to have fiber! LOL. Well, hope everyone is having a great day. I finished up all my yard work for now - Hooray! So I can take it easy today. Of course, now my house needs cleaning. Such is life. Bye for now blogger babes.

Karen



1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this card! This is super cute--love the tulle and the colors! Great job on the sketch!! FAB job all around:) You should really think about trying out the Play Date Cafe Color challenges--we have a new one coming up on Thursday!

    http://theplaydatecafe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.