You have arrived at Karen's Blog, the third stop on the Technique Junkies June New Release Day Blog Hop!!! The first stop is the TJ Design Team blog. You may want to go back there and start from the beginning. Don't want you to miss any of the fabulous projects!! You should have arrived here from Lanette's blog.
The Design Team will be showcasing the June New Releases!! And, they are really awesome. They are all beach and ocean themed!! (Love it!!)
And extra bonus---The June new Releases are on sale at 15% off until 6/8/16.
For my project, I decided to alter a paper mache box. I used the new release stamp called Bold Shells. This was actually an easy project to make. I had the box and shells in my stash. I only had to stamp the large Bold Shells stamp 3 times to have enough to cover the top and sides of the box.
Stamps: Bold Shells from Technique Junkies
Ink: Rich Cocoa Memento
Paper Mache Box 3 3/4" across the top
Copic Markers: pink, blue, peach, and tan
Gold Baker's Twine
Sea Shell Charm
- Stamp Bold Shells on white CS with Rich Cocoa ink 3 times
- From the stamped CS, cut a circle the size of the box top ( I used the largest Spellbinder die in my circle set) and two long rectangles the height of the box ( I cut the rectangles the full length of the stamped image- the rectangles were 5.25" x 2")
- Color the shells with Copic Markers--Not all the shells have to be colored and don't worry about shading-just add a bit of color
- Glue the circle to the top of the box
- Glue the rectangles to the side over lapping the end. I was short 1/2 " of going all the way around. I cut a 1/2" x 2" strip of stamped CS and covered the place where the two ends did not meet. This not noticeable at all.
- Glue a length of ribbon around the side edge of the box top
- Tie a bow in the ribbon
- Thread a sea shell charm onto gold Baker's Twine and tie around the bow's knot
- Glue bow to box
- Glue Sea Shell to top of box
So, quite easy to make and turned out so cute with that shell stamp (Awesome!!). I think this would make a great gift box. I could fill it with candy, trinkets, or even some stamps. Check out all the New Releases and pick out your favs at 15% off !! Wowhoo!!
Your next stop is Kathy's blog here. Oh boy, you are going to love her project!!
So glad you stopped by today! All month I will be posting Beach themed projects using the Technique Junkies June New Releases!! So, stop back by for more summer/beachy/nautical fun!! Hope you have a lovely day!!