Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Valentine's Day Card Drive

Hello Dreamers!
Time for Valentines.  As, you know, each year I make Valentine's for Winter's Card drive: Cards from the Heart.  I have 55 cards ready to go out.  I made about six different designs with multiples of each.  The card for today uses felt die cut hearts.  Here is the group:


I started with white and pink CS.  I die cut the felt with a die and my Big Shot.  The felt was pretty easy to cut.  I did add a light cardboard shim to facilitate the cutting.


The hearts were glued to the cs with Fabri-Tac glue.  I did not add any other embellishments as the cards are going to children in hospitals.  That means no items that can be a choking hazard and no glitter, etc... See Winter's blog for all the card drive guidelines.  Cards must be in by Jan 31, 2016.






On the inside, I stamped sentiments from Sweet N Sassy.  I also signed the insides of the cards with my first name and state.  And a smiley face.  LOL



This is a second version that uses a larger die cut felt heart placed over a paper doily heart.


*********Challenges for my Valentines:
Crafting by Design:use red
Crafting from the Heart: anything goes
Fun cuts: a heart
Cards and More: one layer card


Check back tomorrow for another Valentine.  Also a new post with Technique Junkies on Saturday!!  And next week, a New Release event with Lost Coast Designs!!  Fun, fun, fun!!!!  Love ya
Karen

2 comments:

  1. Karen, you have done such an amazing job creating cards for this drive! You sure have been busy :-) The paper doilies are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply Sweet project!! Thank You for submitting your project to my Alphabet challenge. I hope you had fun and will join me again for another week of fun!!!

    Aloha,
    Jen
    Fun Cuts
    www.faithhopelove1cor13-13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.