Saturday, January 16, 2016

The Perfect Companion with Technique Junkies

Hello Dreamers!
Here is a stamp for all the pet lovers in your life! This stamp is a new release from Technique Junkies!   I made a fun card that I will send to one of those dog lovers in my life.  LOL   I used a background technique from one of the Technique Junkie CDs too.


Materials:
Stamps: Perfect Companion and Love Hands from Technique Junkies
Watercolor Paper
Ink: Versa Mark; Not Quite Navy and Taken with Teal dye ink (Stampin' Up)
CS: White, teal
Clear Embossing Powder
Spellbinders Die
Distress stains: Vintage Photo, Faded Jeans, Wild Honey
Heat gun
Craft sheet

Make It:

  • Make a card from Teal CS
  • On watercolor paper and following the Stain Resist Technique, create the background. I used the Love Hands stamp, Versa Mark ink, and the distress stains listed above.
  • Distress the edges with Taken with Teal dye ink
  • Add the background to card base



  •  Stamp the Perfect Companion with Not Quite Navy and Taken with Teal dye ink.  Note: ink the stamp with both inks starting with the lighter colored ink
  • Cut the image with die and add to card
  • Add a bow




  •  On the inside, stamp the Love hands
There is plenty of room left to write a note on the inside.



Cute stamps, aren't they!!??  I am having a ball on my new Design Team- Technique Junkies!!  

************Challenges for my Dog Lovers Card:
Crafty Calendar: something new--new stamps
Creative Fingers: anything goes
Inspiration Destination: anything goes


Well, I better get moving.  See you next time.  Love ya.
Karen

3 comments:

  1. Lovely card, thanks for sharing at Inspiration Destination and good luck. Wendy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Karen, just saw this in my TJ yahoo group email and could not wait to get your blog email post before coming over to tell you - very nice job on the technique and card. This is such a cool technique to use just to play with the stains to get used to them (like I did - also Stained Embossing is fun, a lil messy but fun). Loved your Valentines as well. Thanks for the tip to adhere the felt to very thin chip/cardboard before diecutting. I know those kids are going to be so thrilled to get them. Stay dry and warm! xoxo, Aimeslee P.S. - thank you so so much for keeping the TJ techniques alive by using them. I really should start sharing the ones I do over on the yahoo group, so I can do my part as well. Anyway, it is much appreciated! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card and sweet sentiment! Great techniques :) Thanks for sharing your creations with us at Creative Fingers & Welcome back! So sorry to be late commenting! Migraines got in the way ♥ DT Tindaloo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.