Happy New Year! This should be a great year. We are really enjoying our new home and feeling like this is "home" now. And, we are so close to family and friends. We are keeping busy with all our visits and get togethers.
Now it is time for a new challenge with the Vintage Stamping Challenge blog. The theme for the month is:
ANYTHING GOES / WITH YOUR NEW STASH
You must include some stamping on your project - no digis please. Link your project up on the blog for a chance to win a gift certificate from Flonz Craft Stamps!!
I used the following new stash: stamp, washi tape, ribbon
Stamp: Retro Car America Twenties from Flonz Craft
Ink: Pewter Multi Media
CS: Chalkboard and white
- Make a card from white CS and add a layer of white CS
- On the chalkboard CS, stamp the car with Pewter ink and set with a heat gun---Note: this ink stays wet longer than dye ink, so be careful not to smudge it.
- Tear the washi tape in half lengthwise and wrap around edge of chalkboard CS
- Add stamped piece to card
- Cut a piece of ribbon and turn under top edge and glue to card
Done. This is a fun and easy masculine card, but it still has lots of interest and movement with addition of the washi tape and ribbon. This will be going in my send box. I think this would be a fun series to make differing the washi tape color and ink colors. Fun, fun, fun!!
I hope you will join our challenge and show us your new stash!! I think it is always fun to see what other crafters had on their wish lists.
Stay tuned this month--there is so much going on in Dreamland!! Lost Coast is having a New Release party later in the month, more Technique Junkies projects too...... See you soon. Love ya
**********Challenges for my Antique Car:
Less Is More: Neutral Colors and CAS
Amusing Challenge: new---I used a new stamp, washi tape and ribbon
Avenue 613: Anything goes/CAS