I hope you had a great holiday season! We certainly enjoyed our holidays here! We had three gatherings - two for Christmas and one for my mother's birthday! Great times with friends and family! Still have lots of left overs and cookies. LOL. I put some of the cookies in the freezer for later. Some cookies freeze really well. Okay....on to my big announcement!!!
I have accepted a spot on the Technique Junkies Design Team!!!
I am really excited about working with the Junkies in the coming year. There is a blog hop each month showcasing the new release stamps and lots of projects through out the month on the Design Junkies blog.
As you probably know, Technique Junkies has a long history of publishing their Newsletter and CD's with all kinds of fabulous technique ideas and tutorials. Pat Huntoon, the owner, also now carries a line of art stamps! Check out all the gorgeous stamps here.
To celebrate, I have made a fun card with Technique Junkies stamps. I used shades of aqua and teal. This seems to be a favorite color scheme with me lately. I also painted my bedroom in a pale aqua and made teal drapes. Looks scrumptious! I digress. Here is the card.
CS: White, teal, and black
Ink: Peacock Feathers and Black Soot Distress Inks
- Make a card from teal CS and add a layer of black CS
- On white CS stamp the Magic Strands stamp several times with Peacock Feathers ink -dry with heat gun
- Distress with Peacock Feathers ink until all the white CS is covered
- On white CS stamp the feet with Peacock Feathers ink
- Layer with black CS
- Apply Fabri-Tac glue to the back of the stamped shoes piece and gather a piece of tulle pressing it into the glue to hold in place
- Add this piece to the card with 3D Zots
- Stamp the sentiment with Black Soot ink
The next TJ Blog Hop begins Jan 1 at 5:00 am central time!! Check out the January New Release Stamps ( at special offer price!!) and lots of Design Team projects!! See you then!! Love ya
*****Challenges for Click Your Heels:
Love To Scrap: anything goes
Creative card crew: anything goes
Fashionable Stamping: make your own background