Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Postcards- One Layer Christmas Cards

Hello All,
Getting closer to Christmas.  I haven't finished my shopping yet.  I  always finish late.  I have three birthdays in November, which delays the Christmas shopping every year.  I think I will start buying a few gifts through out the year and putting them in a closet for future birthdays and Christmas.  Hopefully, I will follow through on that.
Today's post is all about one layer Christmas Cards.  This set of cards is really more of a postcard.  Why not?  Right?  Only one layer, no fold, and no glue.  I used the back side for the sentiment.  I will put these in an envelope with a change of address sheet (because I moved in October).

 I started by stamping this large image from Stampendous on white and cream CS.   I used three ink colors: black, brown, and Pesto Adirondack.


The edges were distressed with inks and the holly colored in with markers.





I stamped Merry Christmas on each postcard.




I stamped the sentiment on the backside.  I will also write on this side.


I like this idea and may make more for next year.  I have all I need for this and will be sending some store bought cards this year.  With the move, I was not able to start my Christmas cards in the Fall like I normally do.


Challenges for my Post Cards:
Love to Scrap: anything goes
Dream Valley: Christmas
Crafty Card makers: snow
Cards in Envy: snow and A2
Crafty Hazelnut Christmas: anything goes Christmas
Holly Jolly: anything goes Christmas


Well, I wish you a wonderful Holiday!  See you soon.
Karen

9 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea and so many can be made at the one time easy peasy for my list of cards next year thanks for the idea and merry christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen, what a fantastic idea you have come up with. I think your postcards are stunning and I love the concept. Thanks for sharing with us in our challenge at Dream Valley and we would love to see you again soon. Jennifer DT member x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous!

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More!

    ReplyDelete
  4. With great stamps like this why make it more complicated and take away from its impact? I think this series of card is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this vintage look. Thanks for sharing with Crafty Cardmakers and more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for playing along with us over at the Crafty Cardmakers & More blog! Happy crafting and a happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is beautiful, what a lovely vintage postcards. Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Holly Jolly Christmas challenge Neva

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your one layer cards! A really great idea and love the scenes of each of them. Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy for our Let it Snow challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a lovely vintage card!!! thanks for playing with Cards In Envy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I enjoy hearing from other crafty artists -- please leave a comment.