Today is the last day of the Carmen's Veranda Christmas Event. You have until 8:00 pm PST to link up a Holiday/Christmas project using any stamps.
For my project I have made a Christmas card using a sweet folk art Santa from Carmen's Veranda Stamps.
NOTE: I thought it would be interesting to stamp the image in Navy ink instead of traditional black or brown. And to compound the twist by making the card in a neutral brown palette. I like the visual interest this produces.
Ink: Navy dye
CS: Solar White Neenah, cream, kraft, dark brown, medium brown
Die cut rectangle
- Make a 4.25 x 7.25 inch card from dark brown CS and add a layer of cream CS
- Add a strip of burlap ribbon- I cut down the width on this ribbon to about one half of an inch
- Add a piece of burlap trim over the burlap ribbon
- Stamp the Santa with Navy ink and color image with Copic markers
- Die cut Santa and add layers of medium brown and dark brown CS
- Stamp the sentiment and cut out
- Add to card front
- Tie red/gold ribbon in bow and add to card
Hope to see your will share your project with us on the Portal to Creativity blog!!
See you soon for more crafty goodness!